Cake Freak?

Decorating By surfgirl Updated 6 Jun 2007 , 1:30am by Renaejrk

surfgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
surfgirl Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 12:05am
post #1 of 3

A week after me and my husband met, it was my bday and he made me a cake (he likes baking and decorating for friends and family) and a week after that for his bday I made him an even better cake and that's when he knew he would marry me (so he says)
Anyways, we've been making cakes ever since and I really learned a lot of recipes, techniques, new materials, details, etc in the last 6 years while he still makes his cakes with a cake mix and a store bought icing. But he's always telling everybody about how great my cakes are and I end up making the cakes usually.
So last weekend he made a cake for a friend's son bday. It was TORTURE to sit there and watch him make the cake, and think of the million ways I would do stuff differently lol I promised myself that I wouldn't participate whatsoever in this cake and let him do his thing but finally I broke down... I covered the cakeboard for him and I "made him" use cake release for the cake.
Does that mean I'm a cake freak??!!! If so, I hope it's a good thing!!!

2 replies
MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 12:18am
post #2 of 3

I think a cake freak is a good thing. icon_smile.gif And it was sweet of you to let your hubby do his own thing....even if it was painful! LOL!

Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 1:30am
post #3 of 3

That is so cool that you guys share in this love of cakes! Even if right now you are each doing your own thing, it's something not all couples can share! Maybe eventually he'll want to learn what YOU know and you guys can become a pro cake deco team!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%