New With A Question On Monogram Cookies

Baking By cmiltier Updated 8 Jun 2007 , 2:56pm by antonia74

cmiltier Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cmiltier Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 12:01pm
post #1 of 12

Hi, been reading here for close to a year, and my first post is to ask for help!!! I have a possible order for 360 cookies for a wedding. They would like their initials on a rectangular cookie. Can I do all the letter in RI on parchment or wax paper, let dry and place on frosted cookie? How would the letter stick? Or would it be better to write the letter on each cookie?
I appreciate any suggestions!
Thanks
Caron

11 replies
kissmycookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kissmycookie Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 12:34pm
post #2 of 12

with that many cookies I would suggest you do the royal direct on the cookie, here is a sample of one we did onto an edible image.

also if you add a smidgen of light corn syrup to the royal it will flow better, and adding some lemon to the royal will offset that additional sweetness
LL

cakesonoccasion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesonoccasion Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 7:24pm
post #3 of 12

You could do it in sugarveil- I love the stuff- and you'll have zero error on the cookie!

sweetnessx3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetnessx3 Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 8:42pm
post #4 of 12

Hey Everyone,
I ve not posted in a very long time ,ive had some health problems ,looks like everyone is doing great!! icon_smile.gif
what is sugarveil and where do I find it?

Thanks Lisa
sweetnessx3

justsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justsweet Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 8:54pm
post #5 of 12

you can go here

http://www.designerstencils.com/

I believe they do customs monograms stencils. If you look at photos the cookies are done with their stencil and royal icing. Decorated three days before my daughters party.

thecupcakemom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecupcakemom Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 8:54pm
post #6 of 12

Kiss my cookie...that cookie is absolutely gorgeous! It is hard to tell from the pix, but is it multiple layers???

miriel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miriel Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 9:00pm
post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetnessx3

Hey Everyone,
I ve not posted in a very long time ,ive had some health problems ,looks like everyone is doing great!! icon_smile.gif
what is sugarveil and where do I find it?

Thanks Lisa
sweetnessx3

http://www.sugarveil.com/

delgado2134 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
delgado2134 Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 9:02pm
post #8 of 12

I love the suggestions for the stencil, what a great idea!!!

idoweddingcookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idoweddingcookies Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 9:06pm
post #9 of 12

I also have a large order for monogram wedding cookies, thought I would get a head start and do what you are thinking of.. did the monogram on wax and parchament paper, and almost everyone of them broke.. ugh. going to end up doing them on the cookie.
Would love to do the sugarveil, but I'm not charging her enough to warrant buying it.

mitsel8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mitsel8 Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 9:43pm
post #10 of 12

justsweet,

I love your monogram cookies!
Do you paint thinned royal icing on the stencil? How do you keep it from bleeding on the cookie?

Thanks,
Leslie

justsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justsweet Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 10:22pm
post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsel8

justsweet,

I love your monogram cookies!
Do you paint thinned royal icing on the stencil? How do you keep it from bleeding on the cookie?

Thanks,
Leslie

I use this recipe from antonia

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-1983-Antonia74-Royal-Icing.html

I lay the stencil on the cookie. Use a small spatula I pick up some royal icing, scrap it across the stencil and lift quickly. Out of 80 cookies only 3 had to be redone. Because it is on fondant, wiped quickly with a damp paper towel, let dry then re-do. royal icing was stiff. Let dry, then package.

Also, you e-mail Antonia74 she made some cookies in which she made the stencils. Which is easy to do too.

I use americolor, never had any bleeding problems. Love that americolor.

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 8 Jun 2007 , 2:56pm
post #12 of 12

Yes, I used a home-made stencil for a Chinese character I didn't feel comfortable trying to replicate on a big wedding order. It was super easy! I used a stecil brush & lustre dust though....then TO MY ABSOLUTE HORROR icon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gif I SUDDENLY REALIZED THAT I'D FLIPPED THE STENCIL BACKWARDS. I HAD TO START ALL OVER AGAIN. icon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gif (That was my worst cookie disaster ever! icon_lol.gif )

I'm a bigger fan of just free-handing the monograms now.
LL
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%