2 Days W/out Cc Was Miserable!!!

Decorating By imartsy Updated 15 Jul 2006 , 9:04am by sweet_as_tisse

alip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alip Posted 13 Jul 2006 , 3:46pm
post #61 of 84

Glad to know I wasn't the only one checking the site every 5 minutes to see if it was up yet! My husband was out of town Tuesday night so I thought "Great! I can finally sit down and read through the forums for old posts and look at old pictures in galleries for ideas for my son's birthday cake." But alas . . . Oh well. So glad the site is up and running again. I hadn't realized how addicted I had become in such a short time! Glad to be back!!!

egarman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
egarman Posted 13 Jul 2006 , 3:46pm
post #62 of 84

HALLELUIAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow, holding my breath for two days has really been extremely hard. Every time I would check I was holding my breath until the next screen came up and then I had a panic attack!! They definitely need to give us some warning. One change I did notice is that one of the cakes in my photos is gone; it was another view of a cake that's still there. Don't really know why it's gone tho.

Oh, by the way......I don't want a patch......I want to stay addicted FOR A LONG, LONG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_lol.gif

It's a GREAT day.

Ellen

Katskakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katskakes Posted 13 Jul 2006 , 3:55pm
post #63 of 84

I haven't been able to get on in a few wks. I'm dying here CakeCentral!! At work it's a problem, so i try at home. no luck. I'm still having problems w/the site today. I wish there was something i could do on my side. icon_sad.gif
I might get to the home page, but if i try clicking on anything it just won't do a thing. again, i'm dying here!!

shelain22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelain22 Posted 13 Jul 2006 , 3:56pm
post #64 of 84

OOOH, Cakecentral, I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU (many kissy sounds here)

You guys think it cost your dh money? I baught new appliences! This cost my DH around 2500 bucks!!! Ape, my DH is an IT guy to, and I pleaded with him to find me a way in! lol. Its like when your kid runs off in walmart, when you find em you hug em first, then yell. Im not yelling yet, still jsut happy I found you! Although yall could have waited anouther half hour or so, I jsut had one dog to go and they all would have been clean... No, scratch that, 1 dirty dog dosent hurt!

nanc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanc Posted 13 Jul 2006 , 4:02pm
post #65 of 84

I hear ya! You don't realize you're addicted until it's taken away. I was so glad when I logged on and got in.
icon_biggrin.gif

lilypie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilypie Posted 13 Jul 2006 , 4:03pm
post #66 of 84

I feel the same way! I kept checking back about every half hour... I felt empty inside. Like I would never be loved again. And Then.... CakeCentral came back up!! and with it came the SUN!! Maybe now i can find meaning and love again. Thank you CakeCentral!

alise Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alise Posted 13 Jul 2006 , 4:04pm
post #67 of 84

Ok all, I mostly just lurk, but I guess I am a Lurking Addict! I was where is it! Where is it! It won't load! Grrr! Sooooo Glad CC is back! LOL!

prettycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettycake Posted 13 Jul 2006 , 4:06pm
post #68 of 84

It felt like I got divorced or separated ! although I never went thru one...LOL icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Cake Central how could you do this to us ? You know we can't live without you !! You made me do my work at work !!
I got caught up with my work for two days !!
icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gifI actually met my goal for those two days.. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Twins5485 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Twins5485 Posted 13 Jul 2006 , 4:09pm
post #69 of 84

I too felt like I was having withdrawls from a addictive craving... I kept going back to the site and all I could think about was there must of been problems and they lost the entire site... I was too excited this morning when I was able to get on... It was like winning at a slot machine! I think I stay on this site more than I work, my boss would have a small heart attack if she knew... But hey that is a perk of being able to work from home, I'm getting all my work done... That is what should count. Glad it's back!

Cassandra

4Gifts4Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4Gifts4Lisa Posted 13 Jul 2006 , 4:16pm
post #70 of 84

It was awful! I am surprised I lived to tell about it! When I woke up this morning and checked my email and saw that I had a comment on a photo...I knew my world was right again. CC was up and running! icon_smile.gif

bakerchick1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakerchick1977 Posted 13 Jul 2006 , 4:21pm
post #71 of 84

I didnt realize how much of my day hinged on this site. I am new to it and have only subscribed for a few weeks but every little qestion that pops into my brain about cakes and the such I can have answered here and then some. I am so appreciative of everyone on this site!

yukisaru Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yukisaru Posted 13 Jul 2006 , 4:50pm
post #72 of 84

I swear after reading all these responses maybe a cc Addiction site would be in order.

I am sure it would go like this...

(me)Hello my name is Holly and I am addicted to CC.

(Unison) Hello Holly.

(Me)This is my first CCA Meeting.

(Kind leader, a little too kind icon_confused.gif ) Welcome Holly why don't you tell us about your addiction?

(ME)I have been doing CC for 3 months now. I first learned I had a problem when I was upset about having to do work when I was at work when the site went down. (break down crying) I tried the patch but it just didn't help!

(Kind leader) You did the right thing by coming tonight. We can all learn from Holly's ability to recognize the problem so early on and seek help.

(Everyone else in the room claps and offers support)

[I think I watch too much TV or not enough]

shrek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shrek Posted 13 Jul 2006 , 4:52pm
post #73 of 84

I couldnt sleep and my head was hurting because of no CC. I am SO glad it's back!!!!

Zmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zmama Posted 13 Jul 2006 , 6:11pm
post #74 of 84

Days without CC:

Day 1 - went shopping. Bought my first KA!

Day 2 - made first gumpaste flowers

AND COULDN'T SHARE WITH ANYONE! Made DF sit with me while I told him the steps of making gumpaste roses until he walked away. Even he is glad CC is back, so I have a cake outlet other than him! Talked to my gramma today before knowing CC was back, and asked her for help (she was my first cake mentor) and she said she doesn't know the new techniques, so I told her what I've seen on here until she almost hung up on me! However, she may be a good fount of knowledge for the Lambeth techniques... gotta call her back. She HAS to help, she got the addiction started in the first place!

yukisaru Posted 13 Jul 2006 , 7:00pm
post #75 of 84

At least you df stayed my bf can't stand me talking about cakes for longer than 10 sec. He hates cake and cooking all togather.

Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 13 Jul 2006 , 7:01pm
post #76 of 84

Jackie had posted that they were upgrading to a new server. So big thanks to Jackie & Heath for keeping things up and running, bigger & better thumbs_up.gif

yukisaru Posted 13 Jul 2006 , 7:09pm
post #77 of 84

I almost had a heart attack, for about a min the site would not come up for me .... must have been my work computer trying to scare me icon_surprised.gif

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 13 Jul 2006 , 10:27pm
post #78 of 84

At first I thought it was my computer b/c I was getting the Site not found... Then I got a page that came up that said cakecentral.com does not exist! I was like OMG!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif So I cleared out everything in my computer that might be causing problems, still not working. (Yes I remembered that they would be upgrading to a new server... but doesn't hurt to keep trying right? icon_lol.gif )

So then I go to my BF, we try on his computer.. still not working. My BF owns an IT business so I made him make sure it wasn't anything on our end. It wasn't icon_cry.gif So I was also one who kept checking every 1/2 hour or so. I did visit another site, made it through 2 1/2 topics and left... it just wasn't the same.

Came home today from work and it is the first thing i check. I turn around all happy and my BF just has a grin on his face... " Yeah I know it is working!" LOL, he checked earlier in the day! hehe, he knows I just can't stay away icon_lol.gif

A BIG BIG BIG THANK YOU to JACKIE and HEATH for all your hard work and making this site better and better!

Leily

prettycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettycake Posted 13 Jul 2006 , 10:33pm
post #79 of 84

At first I thought that my job found out that I am on CC all the time and decided to take away my website previlages and will be firing me icon_eek.gif any minute that day...whew !!! icon_surprised.gif thank God I was wrong .. icon_biggrin.gif

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 13 Jul 2006 , 10:53pm
post #80 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennySue

I confess, I went to another cake site, a blog called Cake Fun...

the reason they knew was because that site belongs to none other then our little Lisa another moderator here..... very sweet site.....

joanmary Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joanmary Posted 13 Jul 2006 , 11:09pm
post #81 of 84

No CC?! ImageImage

Thanks to Jackie and Heath for making CC possible. We appreciate your hard work - CC really, really is addictive!

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 13 Jul 2006 , 11:45pm
post #82 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by flayvurdfun

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennySue

I confess, I went to another cake site, a blog called Cake Fun...

the reason they knew was because that site belongs to none other then our little Lisa another moderator here..... very sweet site.....

Thanks flayv! I'd hardly call it a cake site but it's a place Wendy, Mel and I share Cake Fun's flickr group pics and web finds.

donnajf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
donnajf Posted 14 Jul 2006 , 3:29pm
post #83 of 84

Lisa!
We will be joining your cite every so often.
Thanks for being there!

Ladies lets bookmark http://cakefun.blogspot.com
SWEEEEET!

xx thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

sweet_as_tisse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_as_tisse Posted 15 Jul 2006 , 9:04am
post #84 of 84

HI EVERYONE
I JUST WANTED TO JOIN IN ON THE TOPIC OF NO CC FOR A FEW DAYS, I DID NOT THINK I WAS ADDICTED TO THIS SITE EITHER UNTIL IT WAS NOT HERE, I USUALLY JUST LOOK AT ALL THE FANTASTIC CAKES BUT I MUST ADMIT READING ALL THE FORUM TOPICS HAS BEEN FUN, I HAVE NEVER LAUGHED SO MUCH WHEN I WAS READING HOW BAD ALL YOU GUY'S MISSED THIS SITE.

HI, MY NAME IS KYLIE AND IM ADDICTED TO CC, AND PROUD OF IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%