Air Brushing - Where Do I Start????

Decorating By cakelady5 Updated 26 May 2007 , 9:30pm by Marci

cakelady5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady5 Posted 26 May 2007 , 3:51pm
post #1 of 3

My father in law went to great lengths to provide me with all the essentials needed to air brush my cakes - he couldn't just go onto a website that sells the whole kit and kaboodle - "they don't have guarentee's", he pieced the whole thing together - WAY more than I wanted... however, now that I have all this I really don't know where to begin! Could you all please share techniques and tips and tricks that might help me get the hang of this. I am very excited to start air brushing and know there are many talented people on cc that can help. Thanks very much...sue

2 replies
2yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2yummy Posted 26 May 2007 , 4:35pm
post #2 of 3

Well, I just tried mine for the first time the other night and it was awesome. I am not an expert and I don't have any cool tips. All I can say is put the color in and start spraying. Practice on paper towels, paper, cardboard or whatever. Good Luck!

Marci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marci Posted 26 May 2007 , 9:30pm
post #3 of 3

I have to agree... practice, practice, practice. When you finally move to cakes, your icing will need to be room temperature. I would start with easier stuff... clouds, water, sand... nothing with really crisp borders. Remember, airbrushing does not cover anything - any flaws in the icing will show through the colors. Work in layers and don't judge yourself to harshly.

Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%