Trying To Make A Nice Desert For My Man But......

Decorating By DisneyDreamer Updated 29 Jun 2006 , 5:28am by fmandds

DisneyDreamer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DisneyDreamer Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 3:06am
post #1 of 8

I love to bake cakes and decorate them i of course wont eat them so i give them away now that i have a boyfriend they somehow make there way home with him! i thought i was being nice and loving well come to find out he had a [b] VERY BAD[/b] experience with icing (thanks to an extremely abusive step-dad icon_mad.gif ) well the sad part is i make may cakes from a box and make my icing from scratch! So now that i am prive to his icing story (just thinking about it makes me want to cry)

I wanted to make him something he would really love icon_biggrin.gif !!! So he told me he loves cheese cake, carrot cake neither of witch have I ever had nor do I know how to make also he likes German choc. with lots of that type of icing!! But his number on love is pecan pie (no clue on how to make it) or anything with peanut butter [/i]

7 replies
mendhigurl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mendhigurl Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 3:30am
post #2 of 8

Deleted because of dupilcation

mendhigurl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mendhigurl Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 3:31am
post #3 of 8

Does he like chocolate? Why don't you try to make him a chocolate cake with a peanut butter filling ( I mix peanut butter and condensed milk, and then fold in whipped cream or cool whip) and cover with a chocolate ganache. It's not like buttercream icing, so hopefully won't bring up bad memories, but will make good new ones!

Good luck to you...my ex bf hated (HATED) cake, so it was really hard for me, but it taught me to make different things like cookie cakes, and pies, etc. So, have fun, and it'll be great.

I also have a great peanut butter pie recipe, if you're interested, I'll try to find that and send it to you.

rezzygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rezzygirl Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 3:39am
post #4 of 8

When I read your post I thought of something with ganache like mendhigurl mentioned.

Dordee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dordee Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 3:44am
post #5 of 8

I have an awesome recipe for pecan pie. It is soooo easy to make. I also have a cheesecake recipe book that has a german chocolate cheesecake in it to die for. If you want either one of them just p.m. me.

RhondaK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RhondaK Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 3:47am
post #6 of 8

Never made Pecan Pie??? I hope you didn't grow up in the South, my love! I have attached a great recipe I have kept for a while now...it is wonderful. For a quicker version, find a great ready-made crust rather than following that part of the recipe... but of course, from scratch is the best!! icon_wink.gif

fmandds Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fmandds Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 5:18am
post #7 of 8

Peanut Butter Silk Cake

1 yellow cake mix
1 1/4 cups water
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/3 cup oil
3 eggs
1/4 cup butter
1/4 packed brown sugar
1 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter

Heat oven 350 degrees. Make cake mix as directed on package, using water, 1/2 cup peanut butter, the oil and the eggs. Pour into pans. Bake 30 to 38 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely. Melt butter in saucepan over med. heat. Stir in brown sugar. Heat to boiling: boil and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat. Refrigerate 10 minutes. Beat whipping cream in chilled bowl until soft peaks form. Beat 1/2 cup peanut butter and the brown sugar mixture in another bowl. Add whipped bream to peanut butter mixture and beat on medium speed until mixture is smooth and creamy. Use this mixture as your filling and/or frosting. You could also then pour a ganache over the cake or eat as is.

fmandds Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fmandds Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 5:28am
post #8 of 8

Peanut Butter-Chocolate Ring Cake:

1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 1/2 cups peanut butter chips
1 package chocolate cake mix
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 eggs

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 12 cup bundt cake pan. Heat 1/2 cup of condensed milk and 1 cup of the peanut chips in saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until peanut butter is melted and mixture is smooth. Mix cake mix, butter, 2 tablespoons milk, the vanilla and eggs large bowl with spoon until well blended(some dry mix will remain and batter will be thick). Spoon half of the batter into pan; spread evenly. Carefully spoon peanut butter mixture in ring over batter(do not touch sides of pan). Carefully spoon remaing batter over peanut butter; spread evenly to cover peanut butter. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted 1 inch from inside edge of pan comes out clean, top of cake feels firm to the touch and cake pulls away slightly from side of pan. Do not underbake. Cool completely. Heat remaining peanut butter chips and condensed milk in sauce pan stirring occasionally until chips are melted and smooth. Let stand 5 minutes. Pour mixture over cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%