New Toys!!!!

Decorating By 2sdae Updated 25 May 2007 , 11:08pm by Suebee

2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 23 May 2007 , 5:50pm
post #1 of 13

I broke down and bought a nice turntable for my cakes and I ditched, yes I said ditched, my tilting wilton turntable! CRAP, that is what that old wilton one was. It was wobbly, and unsteady and always had an agle to it when you placed a cake on it to decorate. When I first noticed this I returned it and low and behold, the 2nd one was the same. icon_confused.gif
So I bought one off of www.cakesbysam.com and whoa! Cool new toy!
It has a 14 x 20 rectangle top on one side for sheet cakes and 14 in round on the other side for round cakes. You can use it either way. It is sturdy, wooden formica and has the best ball bearing turning with awesome smoothness! It is heavy but it is awesome. Just thought I'd pass it along for others to see.
Here is the link to the one I bought. I buy from them often so I just ordered it when I placed a usual order so shipping wasn't bad at all and quick as always from them.
http://www.cakesbysam.com/store/cart.php?target=search&substring=turntables

12 replies
BlairsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlairsMom Posted 23 May 2007 , 6:25pm
post #2 of 13

Thanks for the idea! Enjoy your new turntable!

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 23 May 2007 , 6:42pm
post #3 of 13

I have been thinking of buying that one too, I also have the Wilton tilting turntable. I think I will go on and get it.

2lilbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2lilbaker Posted 23 May 2007 , 6:42pm
post #4 of 13

I have the same turntable and it is really nice and sturdy. I've had it for about two years. icon_smile.gif

Elizabeth19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elizabeth19 Posted 23 May 2007 , 6:42pm
post #5 of 13

OMG I totally agree with you; I bought the Wilton turntable and had the same problems.... icon_sad.gif I rarely use it. I love the Professional one though.

That is my next new toy on the wish list (the dual sided turn table), I cant wait!!!

BCo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCo Posted 23 May 2007 , 6:45pm
post #6 of 13

I got that same BIG turntable for my bday this year and I LOVE it - it's huge and super sturdy!!! Definitely a must if you are thinking about getting one!! It is heavy but I love it!

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 23 May 2007 , 6:49pm
post #7 of 13

I have that same turntable and don't know now how I ever got along without it, it is great. I did have a disaster with mine, it slipped out of my hands and hit the floor, all the pegs popped out between the two sides, guess I will have to buy some wood glue to put it back together again.

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 23 May 2007 , 6:56pm
post #8 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bturpin

I got that same BIG turntable for my bday this year and I LOVE it - it's huge and super sturdy!!! Definitely a must if you are thinking about getting one!! It is heavy but I love it!

I am SO envious of that photo in your avatar! I would love to meet Duff.

Hippiemama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hippiemama Posted 23 May 2007 , 7:05pm
post #9 of 13

New toys are always fun!

BCo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCo Posted 23 May 2007 , 7:23pm
post #10 of 13

ShirleyW - it was quite a treat to get to meet him!! Unexpected and exciting!! It was just one of those times of being in the right place at the right time!

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 25 May 2007 , 8:06pm
post #11 of 13

I really like that turn table, thanks for sharing.

KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 25 May 2007 , 9:11pm
post #12 of 13

I highly recommend this turntable to everyone! It's really great and I use mine all the time. Makes it so nice to have the bigger retangle and the round shape all in one.

KimAZ

Suebee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suebee Posted 25 May 2007 , 11:08pm
post #13 of 13

Sounds neat, I'll have to look on the website. I have a Wilton one and I don't even use it anymore.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%