Help!!! I Have 75 "coin" Cookies Due Tomorrow And

Baking By kerris3 Updated 23 May 2007 , 8:22am by slimkim

kerris3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kerris3 Posted 22 May 2007 , 4:54pm
post #1 of 4

Luster Dust. I made the mistake of buying the Wilton Shimmer Dust, which I now know is NOT the same thing, and I live in a small town and there is not a store that has the Luster Dust. I used a copper colored RI and my outline dried a darker color than the RI I used to flood it with. The RI is still a little tacky to the touch, so I guess I used too much water! I've never had any problems with this before!!!! Any suggestions on how to make a gold color without the Luster Dust or where I went wrong with the RI?

3 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 22 May 2007 , 6:07pm
post #2 of 4

what if you added alittle yellow to the copper color? do a very small amount of icing just to see if you can get the color your looking for.

kerris3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kerris3 Posted 22 May 2007 , 7:55pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks. I found a list on how to mix colors and it said for gold to mix 10 drops lemon yellow, 3 drops orange and 1 drop Christmas red. I tried it and it just looks orange to me. I'll try the yellow and copper though!

slimkim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
slimkim Posted 23 May 2007 , 8:22am
post #4 of 4

I mix alot of yellow with a drop or two of red and black. You'll probably have to play around with it till you get the shade you want. But it definately works.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%