How Long Is Chocolate Melts Candies Good For? Made Lollipops

Sugar Work By Katskakes Updated 13 Jul 2007 , 4:10pm by Hollyanna70

Katskakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katskakes Posted 22 May 2007 , 4:17pm
post #1 of 6

I made some lollipops for a baby shower, forgot them at home. Been sitting in the house for a while, outside of the fridge. Wondering how long they would last? Do they last longer if they are in the fridge?

thanks
Kat

5 replies
mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 22 May 2007 , 9:47pm
post #2 of 6

They last a long time, just like a regular candy bar or something.

jessi01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessi01 Posted 14 Jun 2007 , 11:58am
post #3 of 6

they will last for quite a while, but you have to be careful some times they can pick up flavors from things around them. and I have also had the chocolate bloom.( even though it is not real chocolate, It had some white marks all over it ) just make sure they are sealed really well. thumbs_up.gif

Hollyanna70 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hollyanna70 Posted 13 Jul 2007 , 3:58pm
post #4 of 6

Actually, it's best if they aren't stored in the refrigerator. Storing them there will cause them to bloom.

The best thing to do is keep them in a cool, dark place, like a cabinet or pantry.. Some place the sun doesn't shine often. Keep them wrapped in tin foil, if possible, or an air tight container. They will last quite a long time there. I think most chocolate is good for up to a year if stored this way.

Hope this helps.

Holly

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 13 Jul 2007 , 4:04pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessi01

they will last for quite a while, but you have to be careful some times they can pick up flavors from things around them

what? onion or garlic or liver flavored chocolate isn't good? icon_rolleyes.gif

Hollyanna70 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hollyanna70 Posted 13 Jul 2007 , 4:10pm
post #6 of 6

um.. eww!

I can just see that happening too, especially after I make spaghetti. My whole house smells like garlic for days, so I can only imagine what leftovers in the fridge would do to the sweets!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%