Stuffed Strawberry Pricing???

Sugar Work By cakesonoccasion Updated 22 May 2007 , 5:18pm by likes_2_create

cakesonoccasion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesonoccasion Posted 20 May 2007 , 11:38pm
post #1 of 4

So...if you were to sell these- how much would you charge?? $9 (from the other post) out of the question!! I just did up a whole bunch with creamcheese/marshmallow creme, and then dipped in dark chocolate and drizzled with white chocolate. Taking them to school tomorrow- and preparing a price incase anyone asks...whatta you think? I'll post a pic later tonight- they're not too large- just medium berries...

3 replies
shanzah67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanzah67 Posted 21 May 2007 , 10:14pm
post #2 of 4

I guess it would depend on where you live. I live in a little blue collar community so I know I would end up with a bunch of stuffed strawberries if I charged too much--although I wouldn't mind eatin' them!

Have you looked at the website for Shari's Berries? Pretty cool ideas on there icon_biggrin.gif

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 21 May 2007 , 10:23pm
post #3 of 4

I see you live in Dallas. I am in the Houston area and in the mall I go to Godiva sells just plain extra large chocolate dipped strawberries for 8.00 each. My husband and I went to the Strawberry Festival on Saturday and they were selling them like hotcakes for 2.50 each. Again, they were not stuffed. The Festival sells them for less because, well, it is the Strawberry Festival and they have several thousand people coming through and buying them which profits them a lot of money at 2.50 each. Sheer volume!
I would think you could sell yours for 4.00 each, easily. Maybe you could give a break on a dozen, say 36.00 per dozen or $4.00 each.
We have paid 5.00 each on many ocassions in the past for the large chocolate dipped berries with no stuffing.

likes_2_create Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
likes_2_create Posted 22 May 2007 , 5:18pm
post #4 of 4

Can you explain how you make these?

Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%