Weather Themed Groom's Cake

Decorating By Laceyja Updated 23 Jun 2006 , 5:50pm by momsandraven

Laceyja Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laceyja Posted 22 Jun 2006 , 5:24pm
post #1 of 7

Hey Ladies!!! I am a bride to be and my groom is a meterologist. I would like to surprize him with a cake that is weather themed. He loves severe weather (i.e. hail, thunderstorms, lighting, Tornados (we are from NE), Etc.) Any Ideas?? If you have any idea or photo or link it would be great! Also include the tools or techniques you would use to make the cake so I can advise my baker to do the same. Thanks So much!

6 replies
Florimbio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Florimbio Posted 23 Jun 2006 , 1:49am
post #2 of 7

You could make a tornado out of gum paste and have some houses, cars, etc....floating in it. Put is all on a sheet cake with a crashed up town????

Helendelk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Helendelk Posted 23 Jun 2006 , 2:03am
post #3 of 7

Here is a cute cartoon that you could draw on a cake... or something simulair to it.. It from a cute website cartoon stock Here's the site.
http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/hsc1790l.jpg

Here's also another picture I dont remember where I had gotten it from it was in my pictures... But either would be cute on a cake... and fairly easy to do....
LL

sweetbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetbaker Posted 23 Jun 2006 , 1:14pm
post #4 of 7

What about a cake shaped like the US? Here is a pic I found that has the eastern part of the US.

http://teresascakeart.com/images/map.jpg

Also, I'm thinking tornadoes could also be made out of gumpaste (get that twister shape) then cover with spun sugar to give that look of motion (sorry, can't explain it but I can picture in my mind) and stick in some of the states like Kansas, lighting bolts stuck in some of the eastern states, etc.

Hope this helps.

talking_head Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
talking_head Posted 23 Jun 2006 , 2:03pm
post #5 of 7

edible image with radar/satellite picture??

bostonterrierlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bostonterrierlady Posted 23 Jun 2006 , 4:38pm
post #6 of 7

My husband is a metoerologist too. Does your fiance have his AMS seal? You could replicate that on his cake.

momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 23 Jun 2006 , 5:50pm
post #7 of 7

Here's what came to my mind from your description of what you're looking for. I'm feeling a little corny today, so I even came up with a little poem that you could write on the bottom tier:

"No matter the weather, be it sunny or hail
Together our love will always prevail"

Okay, if anyone asks me, I will deny that I actually made that up! LOL

Good luck with your decision and congrats on your upcoming wedding!
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%