Need Your Help!! Castle Towers

Decorating By cgcreations Updated 8 Jun 2006 , 2:19pm by cgcreations

cgcreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cgcreations Posted 8 Jun 2006 , 1:59pm
post #1 of 5

I am an avid reader here, thought I don't write much. I'm still learning and you guys have been a great help! Now I have to do a castle cake for a birthday and I am kind of stuck as to how to make the towers. I have looked at all the beautiful cakes in galleries and I just can't figure out how the towers are made. Is it cake rounded, pipe or other? I prefer all of my cake to be edible, but am also about as lazy as they come and don't want to play with crumbs. Any help you can give me would be great!

4 replies
ape Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ape Posted 8 Jun 2006 , 2:01pm
post #2 of 5

I think a lot of people use paper towel rolls and some bake in soup cans. Do a search in the forums for castle towers or castle cakes.....should pull up some responses.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 8 Jun 2006 , 2:03pm
post #3 of 5

I used empty pringle potato chip cans.I also used the papertowel rolls but they looked really tall and skinny.The cans are the easiest.PM me if you would like further help!! Check out my galleries also!!

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 8 Jun 2006 , 2:04pm
post #4 of 5
cgcreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cgcreations Posted 8 Jun 2006 , 2:19pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks for all the help! It sound like common sense now, but for the life of me I could not think of a way to do it! All great ideas! Thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%