Chocolate Flavored Icing

Decorating By noodles23 Updated 11 May 2007 , 3:26am by Nataliesmom

noodles23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noodles23 Posted 10 May 2007 , 8:45pm
post #1 of 5

how do I or can I make chocolate flavored icing white so i can color it but it tastes like chocolate? please help!!!

4 replies
NewbeeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NewbeeBaker Posted 10 May 2007 , 9:22pm
post #2 of 5

Is white chocolate ok?? If so I LOVE this recipe and have had rave reviews on it. It is from the Land o' Lakes website recipes. I will quote the directions for the icing here and give you the link to the actual recipe website. Jen

http://www.landolakes.com/mealIdeas/ViewRecipe.cfm?RecipeID=10606b

Quote:
Originally Posted by landolakes recipe

Frosting Ingredients:

1/4 cup milk or LAND O LAKES® Half & Half
3 (1-ounce) squares white baking chocolate
2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup LAND O LAKES® Butter, softened
White chocolate curls, if desired

Place 1/4 cup milk and 3 ounces white chocolate in 1-quart saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until chocolate is melted (7 to 8 minutes). Cool 15 minutes.
Combine cooled chocolate mixture, powdered sugar and 1/4 cup butter in small bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy.

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 10 May 2007 , 10:12pm
post #3 of 5

i don't think you can. sorry. I don't know what designs you are trying to achieve, but the only solution I can think of is to frost the cake once in chocolate and then again over that in white - so you get the look and the flavor. If it is just for some decorations, just use white.

Eme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eme Posted 10 May 2007 , 10:19pm
post #4 of 5

What about using a chocolate extract? Not sure how good the flavor actually is, but it may be worth investigating.

Nataliesmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nataliesmom Posted 11 May 2007 , 3:26am
post #5 of 5

you might try using a flavored syrup in place of some of the water in the regular buttercream recipe??? (Thanks, Red Panda!!) I've never tried it, but I plan on trying it tomorrow! Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%