Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes

Decorating By Jennz818 Updated 6 Jun 2006 , 2:05am by bikegal

Jennz818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennz818 Posted 1 Jun 2006 , 5:33pm
post #1 of 9

Hi everyone,
I don't kow if anyone else has ever suggested this but I just thought of it and figured it was a neat tip to pass along.
I was making some ice cream cone cupcakes...the ones that you put cake mix directly into the flat bottomed cones and bake....and was concerned they they may tip over in the oven...you know those wobbley ovens. Anyway, I decided to turn the cupcake paper upside down and cut an "X" into the bottom. I then stuck the cone in there and into the pan...very stable.
Just wanted to share,
Jennz

8 replies
amos133 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amos133 Posted 1 Jun 2006 , 5:39pm
post #2 of 9

Awesome tip! Thanks! I will be making these for my duaghter's upcoming birthday at the park. Gonna use your tip. Thanks again!

debbie2881 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbie2881 Posted 1 Jun 2006 , 6:52pm
post #3 of 9

Jenn did you find that your conecups tasted stale after baking?

Jennz818 Posted 1 Jun 2006 , 7:56pm
post #4 of 9

Debbie, I'll be honest...I only had one of the ones I've made in the past. If they taste stale I wouldn't know. The kids don't seem to mind tho.

MsTonyasCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsTonyasCakes Posted 1 Jun 2006 , 8:00pm
post #5 of 9

I did some yesterday for my 3 & 4 year old class at church and they tasted great! I thought the cone would burn or taste strange with a cake in it, but it was actually pretty good, not stale or soggy at all. I took a 9x13 pan (2 actually) and covered it with heavy duty foil, then cut slits for each cone to stand in. Also very sturdy and easy to transport. I was able to fit 12 per pan just like a muffin pan, so I did a full box of 24 ice cream cones.

Jennz818 Posted 1 Jun 2006 , 8:08pm
post #6 of 9

wow, that's a great idea Tonya!! I'll have to try that next time. The first time I had to transport them for my daughters school I put a shirt box together and cut slits in them ...the foil would be much easier.
Debbie, I just ate one of the ones I just made...a little stale but the cones were old. I only made 3 out of a batch of 24 cupcakes so my kids could have some.

debbie2881 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbie2881 Posted 1 Jun 2006 , 9:29pm
post #7 of 9

thanks gals maybe i baked mine too long and thats why the cone tasted stale. when i took it out the cake was doneee. if the kids dont complain thats all that matters. do you guys fill it at all?

Liana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Liana Posted 4 Jun 2006 , 5:36am
post #8 of 9

I just made mine, and they turned out great, but my daughter said the cone was stale. They were fresh, but I had this same problem last time. The cone was still crunchy, but just tasted stale. What is with that?! If anyone knows the reason I'd love to hear it.

She loved them anyway. I also used the shirtbox idea for transport and it worked great. Even my daughter carried them with no incident. Very sturdy.
LL

bikegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%