Problems W/ Bow

Decorating By greencargirl Updated 11 May 2005 , 9:39pm by Audrey

greencargirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
greencargirl Posted 11 May 2005 , 9:11pm
post #1 of 2

i have until sunday to get a bow made for the top of my shower cake and this is going to be my third attempt already... i've only been using mmf as the base that all the ribbons are stuck into so i'm going to buy some candy melts today and hopefully that helps but i'm having problems with the tips of the ribbons (pointy ends) breaking off and my whole ribbon cracking to pieces... icon_sad.gif anyone's help is greatly appreciated as always

1 reply
Audrey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Audrey Posted 11 May 2005 , 9:39pm
post #2 of 2

I made one and it looked perfect. I made it out of fondant, added tylose to it. Then I cut the strips and glued them with a bit of water. Use a brron stick to loop them over and then pinch them in the end. I ususally make 10 loops in large and 5 in small. Let the loops dry over night, theny you can petal dust them with some pearl or whatever color you chose. Make a small amout of royal icing and place it on a pice of wax paper in a round (cereal bowl). Place the royal icing in the middle make sure it is kind of thick like a small ball of paste. Start inserting the tips of the loops into the ball of paste and do this until you get the look you want. The bowl will hols the bow in place. Set this up overnight and th epaste will harden and hold the bow together. You can color the royal icing as well the same color of the bow so that you cannot see the paste. It works very well. Best of luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%