Another 'how Much?' Princess Castle Cake

Decorating By kelleym Updated 27 May 2006 , 2:22pm by pinkopossum

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 27 May 2006 , 1:44pm
post #1 of 7

Hello everyone! This week I've been working on a princess castle cake for the 5 year old daughter of an acquaintance of mine. Since the castle was my idea and I've been dying to make one, and I know this aquaintance has a limited budget, I offered to make the cake for cost (about $25). This acquaintance asked me what she should tell people if they ask how much it would cost normally. At first I told her $50, but I just kept adding more and more to it (it was SO much fun!). I'm delivering it in about 2 hours and I was wondering if you all had any opinions about how much you would charge. Is $100 too much? It is the most recent photo in my gallery, it won't let me post here for some reason.

Thanks for looking and for your input!

6 replies
cdstem Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cdstem Posted 27 May 2006 , 1:48pm
post #2 of 7

i would say $100 isnt too much to ask for that. i know it took you a long time to do that. especially with the mmf you would need to ask more. not knowing the area of which you live either you might be able to get more out of it.

Schmoop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Schmoop Posted 27 May 2006 , 1:55pm
post #3 of 7

I would say $75 - $100 depending on where you live. I live in a small town, would charge around $75 -$80.

GREAT JOB!

ladybug03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladybug03 Posted 27 May 2006 , 1:58pm
post #4 of 7

Absolutely fabulous!! I would charge $100 too. I quoted my "quicky" castle cake that I made for my daughter at $60 for a couple friends...it is all BC w/easy candy accents...all the details on yours deserves more mu-lah!

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 27 May 2006 , 2:09pm
post #5 of 7

I won't do a castle cake now for less than $100.00 bucks!! I have done 2 now and totally under-estimated the time and ingredients that go into one.

Laurel thumbs_up.gif

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 27 May 2006 , 2:12pm
post #6 of 7

$100, a bargain! Fabulous work deserves just rewards!

pinkopossum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkopossum Posted 27 May 2006 , 2:22pm
post #7 of 7

I agree, $100 is a deal with all the work and time that goes into it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%