Perfect Cakes...kudos To Thanh Thanh

Decorating By suzmazza Updated 29 Jan 2009 , 10:59pm by Ayanami

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 11:49pm
post #31 of 84

Aww, thanks for posting ThanhThanh! I understood your english just fine. thumbs_up.gif

Thank you for the tips.

You know if we are watching you, you don't have to talk. icon_lol.gif You should be teaching classes.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 12:31am
post #32 of 84

Ironbaker, I agree! I would travel practically anywhere to meet her and watch her technique. It would be a life-time high-point for me!

donnajf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
donnajf Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 4:54pm
post #33 of 84

[QUOTE="maryjsgirl"]Sign me up for the fan club too!

your work is FLAWLESS! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Cake-Happy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake-Happy Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 9:54pm
post #34 of 84

Every one of Thanh Thanh's cakes catch my eye! Keep up the great work Thanh Thanh! icon_smile.gif

Karenelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karenelli Posted 24 Jul 2007 , 7:28pm
post #35 of 84

ThanhThanh, I cannot say enough about your wonderful cakes. They are exquisite and give all of us great joy. Just to know that it is possible to create the type of beauty you are able to create inspires the rest of us to become the best that we can. I can't wait to start a new design and see where it takes me. Please keep sharing your beautiful creations.

ShaunaCann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShaunaCann Posted 24 Jul 2007 , 7:40pm
post #36 of 84

Your cakes are so unique and absolutely flawless. I wish I had a steady hand and the creativity.

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 24 Jul 2007 , 7:45pm
post #37 of 84

Didn't I read correctly that ThanH doesn't even have to use a tip..she just uses a parchment square? I am sooooooo in awe over your cakes ThanH ThanH!!! You are an amazing decorator...now can you just come on down to good ole Kentucky and show me how? icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks for always being so kind to post your cakes !!!

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 24 Jul 2007 , 7:50pm
post #38 of 84

I also agree with everyone.....her cakes are breath taking. What she does with BC just wows me. She has an outstanding eye for details and decorating. Her cakes have a look that is clean, crisp and are always flawless!

I love just looking at her work and I am always amaze at her art of decorating. Also Thanh Thanh your English is just fine and your work is for sure inspiration to us all. Thank You, for sharing.

God Bless,
Sharon

indydebi Posted 24 Jul 2007 , 7:53pm
post #39 of 84

I live for the day I can meet her in person. She is true Cake Royalty. (gotta go practice my curtsy now)

Shelle_75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelle_75 Posted 24 Jul 2007 , 8:15pm
post #40 of 84

Thanh Thanh, your work is inspiration to us all! Your cakes are always amazing. Thank you for sharing your work & your tips!

Shelle

thumbs_up.gif

chavezce Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chavezce Posted 29 Jul 2007 , 12:48am
post #41 of 84

ThanhThanh, in case I missed it somewhere.......how do you get the shine on your BC???????

By the way, you're cakes are awesome and beautiful! As anyone can see, I'm too embarassed to post any of my cakes......there is so much talent on CC my cakes can't compare!!!!

sunflowerfreak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunflowerfreak Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 6:37pm
post #42 of 84

Chavezce, I believe I saw somewhere on the forum that ThanhThanh used a pearl dust spray over her cakes to make them look pearly. She does amazing work.

cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcake Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 7:02pm
post #43 of 84

I wish my hands were that steady, but I guess it just takes practice to get the precision. Very talented young lady, and beautiful designs.

ThanhThanh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThanhThanh Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 8:13pm
post #44 of 84

Thank you for all kind compliments!!!
Yes, I used Vodka mix with Pearl Dust in small bottle, then put it into Air brusch machine's gun and spray whole cake to make it look shimmer. Don't afraid about taste behind, the vodka will evaporate, nobody know what you used. I used this way on the baby cakes too, nothing happen with them.

Chavezce, I think everybody on CC still wanna learn more and more, me too, so don't be embarassed to post your cakes, we're sharing what we know

Have a good day,

Thanh Thanh

armywife1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
armywife1 Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 8:27pm
post #45 of 84

Ok, I have to put my two cents in... Thanh Thanh you are AWESOME... I love looking at your work. By the way, my sister lives in Leesville. Is that close to you? Let my know and I'll fly down from New York for a class! icon_wink.gif
usaribbon.gif

frstech Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frstech Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 9:06pm
post #46 of 84

Thanh Thanh, I too have admired your cakes. hope to be half that good some day. Thank you for telling us how you achieve this. By the way , your english is better than most of ours...Hee Hee

cwcopeland Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cwcopeland Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 2:32am
post #47 of 84

Thanh Thanh-

Your English is perfectly nromal to me. You write just like my mom. She's Japanese and I LOVE it when she writes me notes. I keep all of them. Her handwriting is something I treasure too.

You're work is amazing.

briannastreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briannastreats Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 11:02pm
post #48 of 84

I have to chime in as well...

Thanh Thanh, your cakes are absolutely stunning. I'm always checking the gallaries for more of your beatiful cakes!

Keep 'em coming!!

sewlora Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sewlora Posted 21 Aug 2007 , 3:28am
post #49 of 84

I really admire your talent Thanh Thanh.

Can you tell us where you are originally from?

Ladyofcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladyofcake Posted 21 Aug 2007 , 3:47am
post #50 of 84

Sign me up also, I have all of her cakes in my favs, I have always LOVED her work and I always know it's one of hers before I even read who the decorator is. Her style is completely her own and no one can copy her.

ThanhThanh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThanhThanh Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 3:15am
post #51 of 84

Thank you ALL for very kind compliments!!!

armywife1, sorry I dont know where Leesville.
sewlora, I came form Viet Nam

Yesterday, I demonstrated at Fall Workshop (Deep South Retail Baker's Association) in Baton Rouge, LA. I show them how to painted Fall Leaf design on fondant. I want to share the photo that I did at the class and the photo that my friends and I won the first place for decorate the Halloween Haunted House Gingerbread Competition.

Thanks for looking!
LL
LL

Cake4ever Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake4ever Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 10:18am
post #52 of 84

Thanh Thanh,

You are wonderful! I love looking at your cake gallery! Keep up the great work.

Your haunted house was so fun! Congratulations. thumbs_up.gif

fooby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fooby Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 12:45pm
post #53 of 84

Thanh Thanh, you deserve it! Congratulations! thumbs_up.gif Your cake looks fabulous! Maybe one of these days you can teach us how to paint your fall leaves.

cinjam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinjam Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 7:23pm
post #54 of 84

Thanh Thanh I am also a big fan of yours. I understood your English just fine! Every cake you do is amazing - so thank for posting them to give me something to aspire to.

cwcopeland Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cwcopeland Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 7:37pm
post #55 of 84

I too am amazed at your work. Keep up the postings. I look forward to seeing them.

ctrumps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ctrumps Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 5:48pm
post #56 of 84

Ok I just realized you said you were in LA....louisiana ...Woohooo...
Thats where I am from let me know next time you are speaking or teaching anywhere. I would love to come listen and learn you are an absolutely amazing cake decorator.

Christina

KathysCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathysCC Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 3:28am
post #57 of 84

Add me to the ThanhThanh fan club. You should be proud. Your cakes are lovely thumbs_up.gif

Don't be shy about your English. We can understand you.

Do you have a shop? I would love to visit it. I live nearby also. Aren't I blessed? Sugarshack is just a hop and a skip away from me and now I find out ThanhThanh is a neighbor.

Maybe I will become a great cake decorator one day icon_rolleyes.gif . It could be in the air!! icon_lol.gif

khoudek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khoudek Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 3:42am
post #58 of 84

I agree with everyone else! Thanh Thanh's piping designs are amazing. I've said it before, she's surely got the steadiest hand in the world because there is never a flaw. I've begun to see in the galleries other people, who've obviously been inspired by her, starting to make similar cakes so she's definitely helping us all broaden our skills!

indydebi Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 3:47am
post #59 of 84

She not only sets the standard, but has raised the bar quite a few notches! I am in awe each and every time a new cake from her shows up in the gallery.

Put me down for the "I would LOVE to see her in person" fan club! Seeing her do a demo would be a high-light of my life!

mrsbink Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsbink Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 3:49am
post #60 of 84

Agreed, absolutely amazing talent! No patterns or anything, completely freehand! I think maybe she should try being a surgeon with hands that steady!! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%