Ideas Please! 13 Yr Old Boy..

Decorating By S1eepygrl Updated 23 May 2006 , 4:48am by Helendelk

S1eepygrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
S1eepygrl Posted 22 May 2006 , 7:34pm
post #1 of 11

Hi Ya'll,

I would appreciate some ideas for a 13 yr old boy's b-day cake...Parents were not any help. icon_cry.gif

Thank You VERYVERY much.

10 replies
ozzynjojo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ozzynjojo Posted 22 May 2006 , 7:51pm
post #2 of 11

I have a 13yr old son. He loves all sorts of things. I the parents were not much help, but maybe you can call him back and ask them what kinda of things does their son like, hobbies, sports (my sons a big sports fanatic) music, favorite school subject. Is he into clothing, shoes? The last cake I did for my son wasn't any of the above. He wanted a chocolate cake, choc. filling, choc. frosting w/ choc. dipped strawberries on top.
Good luck and I hope I gave you a couple of ideas.

Michelle

jewels97 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jewels97 Posted 22 May 2006 , 7:55pm
post #3 of 11

I would second what Michelle said. Call them back and ask them some information about his interests. Is he into comic book characters? The new X-Men movie comes out this weekend and that is going to be very big for the next month or so. Spiderman is also a good bet if he likes that type of thing.

I think if you phrase it as what is he into rather than what type of cake, you will be able to get a bit more information.

S1eepygrl Posted 22 May 2006 , 8:20pm
post #4 of 11

Thank you!

The most I could get was a cake that is not too sweet. He is a real couch potato. I was thinking a video game controller but he doesn't play them. I actually am feeling sorry for this kid and wanting to take him outdoors to get him some exercise. I like the idea of the strawberries dipped in chocloate.

Maybe a banana nut bread with bananas on top and swirled chocolate over them. Not too sweet.
Just boring....

MsTonyasCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsTonyasCakes Posted 22 May 2006 , 9:07pm
post #5 of 11

At 13, my son was into wrestling and skateboarding. Maybe he has a favorite movie, wrestler, rock star, tv show or something. If still no help, you could always do the cake to look like a remote control since he's a couch potato.

HTH

ge978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ge978 Posted 22 May 2006 , 9:14pm
post #6 of 11

what about one of those hamburger & french fry cakes...there are some really good ones in the gallery.

daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 22 May 2006 , 9:19pm
post #7 of 11

it's really sad for a parent to call you & not have a clue thumbsdown.gif ; call them back and ask them if they dont have a theme in mind then at least give you his favorite flavors. My son is going to be 12 this year and i feel sure that if will want the same cake as last years 'his mimi's cake" no theme, no decorations...so kids 'even couch potatoes' have a favorite-they do eat-....(note- my son is not a couch potato) & i'm totally with you on taking him outdoors for exercise-oops there's u a theme-HA HA icon_wink.gif

good luck

amylynn8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amylynn8 Posted 22 May 2006 , 9:34pm
post #8 of 11

since he is a couch potato, maybe-- what is his favorite tv show or movie? he has to have one, every kid watches a ton of tv

S1eepygrl Posted 23 May 2006 , 4:18am
post #9 of 11

Thanks Ya'll for the gret ideas. I really like the remote idea. I can't tease him with the hamberger but they don't appear too difficult.

Have a great day!

socake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
socake Posted 23 May 2006 , 4:40am
post #10 of 11

I saw this cake at www.fantacycakes.com.au
LL

Helendelk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Helendelk Posted 23 May 2006 , 4:48am
post #11 of 11

Ok here are two different ideas... One being a skateboard which would be right up a 13 yr old alley... GMcakes did an excellant job on this one... Hope she doesn't mind me posting her pic ..ITS great tho!
Then maybe an X-box which my best friend made one for my grooms cake since DH loves xbox..lol Both would be great ideas for a 13 yr old.
LL
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%