dinaz Posted 7 May 2005 , 8:18pm
post #1 of

Hello,

I stumbled upon this board today "on the search for a cake." This looks like a great place, full of help and inspiration. Sounds like fun!

Before I post specifics, I'd like to make sure I'm not breaking forum rules.

First, I'm not involved in the cake industry and I want to make sure this isn't a forum for cake professionals only.

Secondly, what I'd like to know is, will it be okay for me to post a request of finding a cake professional in my area with the potential of conducting business for a project I'm needing? Any post that might be "advertisment related" could be handled via PM if need be.

Please let me know.

Thanks

5 replies
m0use Posted 7 May 2005 , 8:30pm
post #2 of
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinaz

Hello,

I stumbled upon this board today "on the search for a cake." This looks like a great place, full of help and inspiration. Sounds like fun!

Before I post specifics, I'd like to make sure I'm not breaking forum rules.

First, I'm not involved in the cake industry and I want to make sure this isn't a forum for cake professionals only.

Secondly, what I'd like to know is, will it be okay for me to post a request of finding a cake professional in my area with the potential of conducting business for a project I'm needing? Any post that might be "advertisment related" could be handled via PM if need be.

Please let me know.

Thanks

Welcome to cake central!
This is a place for cake decorators of all levels, amatuer to professional. Posting a request for a cake decorator in your area though is questionable since we don't allow advertising on the forums and the conducting of business on them.
Hope this helps.
m0use

dinaz Posted 7 May 2005 , 8:36pm
post #3 of

Thank you m0use for the welcome and the quick reply.

I totally understand, that's why I posted the question first, to assure neither myself nor anyone else got in trouble. icon_biggrin.gif

I'll browse around. It's very interesting and it's amazing, what you all are capable of. Such creativity and talent.

Best of luck to all of you.

m0use Posted 7 May 2005 , 8:49pm
post #4 of

Thank you...we hope to see you around.

Lisa Posted 7 May 2005 , 9:09pm
post #5 of

Hi dinaz...welcome to Cake Central! To find a decorator in your area, you might try checking this site's Yellow Pages. There is a tab at the top of this page that will take you there.

dinaz Posted 7 May 2005 , 9:21pm
post #6 of

Thank you Lisa for the welcome and the suggestion of the yellow pages tab. I hadn't even noticed it. I'm headed there now.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%