Taste Test Results!!

Baking By CupOfButter Updated 29 Apr 2014 , 1:25am by vonscakes87

imartsy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imartsy Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 1:45pm
post #61 of 67

ooh how is that sweet potato cake?? and can you tell me about the banana cake - is it like banana bread or different? I've been asked to make a strawberry layer & banana layer cake & was asking for recipes - totally didn't look at my own recipe books!!!! duh! Just wondered how it tastes though.

daranaco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daranaco Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 1:54pm
post #62 of 67

imartsy - how often did you check cupcakes to see if they were ready? I have found that when I bake from scratch I tend to overestimate how long it takes to cook. I start 10 minutes before the recommended cooking time and check every couple of minutes. I rarely cook it for as long as the directions indicate. It's a pain to stand there and babysit the oven but I never have dry anything anymore. HTH!

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 2:01pm
post #63 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by imartsy

ooh how is that sweet potato cake?? and can you tell me about the banana cake - is it like banana bread or different? I've been asked to make a strawberry layer & banana layer cake & was asking for recipes - totally didn't look at my own recipe books!!!! duh! Just wondered how it tastes though.

The sweet potato cake is great, if you like carrot cake you will love it. If I don't tell people they think it's carrot cake. You can make it it a bundt pan or layer cake. The recipe calls for marg but I use butter. Very easy recipe.
The banana cake is good too, very moist and lots of banana flavor. The recipe calls for 3 bananas.

imartsy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imartsy Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 9:16pm
post #64 of 67

daranaco,

Thanks - I usually wait for a little browning to occur on top - maybe that's my problem - maybe white cake shouldn't do that. I also usually use a tester - even w/ cupcakes I'll stick a little "cake tester" in to make sure it doesn't come out gooey.... maybe I need to "underbake" it a little - not really under baked, but just watch it more carefully and not wait for browning to occur....

vonscakes87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vonscakes87 Posted 29 Apr 2014 , 12:51am
post #65 of 67

would anyone be willing able to share the Ultimate butter cake recipe?i dont have the money right now to upgrade to premium membership just to view their recipes on *********..i find that lame but whatever.lol any help would be appreciated.i am having a hard time finding perfect scratch recipes.thanx in advanced 

Rfisher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rfisher Posted 29 Apr 2014 , 12:57am
post #66 of 67

ABut you can find out that she posted it on another baking/cooking/food forum if you search enough. Before the site that was blocked out was created, I believe.......

vonscakes87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vonscakes87 Posted 29 Apr 2014 , 1:25am
post #67 of 67

thank you Rfisher

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%