Cake Decorating Supplies...

Decorating By cindww Updated 15 May 2006 , 3:20pm by DRose

cindww Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindww Posted 10 May 2006 , 11:42pm
post #1 of 7

Hey all,
My husband is going to get me a gift certificate for Mother's Day so I can purchase some new decorating supplies. I've ordered once from Cakes by Sam and was satisfied with the shipment. I'm just wondering if someone with more experience can tell me what would be the absolute best place to buy supplies..pans, decorations, everything!
Thanks in advance,
Cindy

6 replies
wendysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendysue Posted 10 May 2006 , 11:48pm
post #2 of 7

I buy as much as I can locally from Micheal's using the 40% off coupons they usually have in thier flyers. If you have a gift cert and want to build up your collection a little at a time, I can't think of a better way to get a great value! If you don't have a Michael's nearby perhaps someone can recommend a good online retailer. Overall, I limit how much I spend online to avoid the shipping charges. Hope this helps! icon_wink.gif

LinB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LinB Posted 10 May 2006 , 11:53pm
post #3 of 7

I do the same. I buy most of my supplies from Hobby Lobby. If they don't have it then I go to Michael's. I use the 40% coupons that they both offer.

HTH

LinB

gilson6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gilson6 Posted 10 May 2006 , 11:53pm
post #4 of 7

I've ordered quite a bit from www.cakedeco.com and there is also a shop that I order from called www.cakecraftshoppe.com. They both have excellent customer service and their prices are very good.

kdhoffert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kdhoffert Posted 11 May 2006 , 1:09am
post #5 of 7

If hobby lobby doesn't have it or michael's, I order online at:
http://www.countrykitchensa.com/

They have just about everything you can possibly need and there shipping rates are pretty reasonable.

butterflyjuju Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflyjuju Posted 11 May 2006 , 3:07am
post #6 of 7

Ebay is a good place to pick up pans. I found many of mine cheaper there than at the stores. I also got quite a few older pans that are not available now.

DRose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DRose Posted 15 May 2006 , 3:20pm
post #7 of 7

I have ordered many times from www.sugarcraft.com, and was very satisfied with the service and prices.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%