Dilemma Of Conscience

Decorating By MikeRowesHunny Updated 9 May 2006 , 4:54pm by KHalstead

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 9 May 2006 , 10:05am
post #1 of 11

Thanks for all your answers, I have my decision now!

10 replies
FunnyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FunnyCakes Posted 9 May 2006 , 10:22am
post #2 of 11

Yup - that's strange.

I would just go ahead and do the cake. Perhaps it has some special significance for them that is not apparent to others.

cande Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cande Posted 9 May 2006 , 10:24am
post #3 of 11

Here's my $0.02: If you run an actual business, I would just make the cake that was ordered. (Although if you really couldn't keep quiet about it, you could drop a subtle hint like, "Gee, I bet your children would enjoy giving a cake to their mother for Mother's Day, too, to show her their appreciation."

BUT, maybe the children have already planned something, maybe he is just acting like a total jerk--either way it's not really your place to interfere, since (the way I understood) you aren't good friends.

I guess I would just leave the situation as is and if he or the girls want to get their mom a cake, they will.

MikeRowesHunny Posted 9 May 2006 , 10:25am
post #4 of 11

Removed

lsawyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lsawyer Posted 9 May 2006 , 10:27am
post #5 of 11

I wouldn't say anything about having an "extra" cake; I'd be honest about it, in a nice way, of course. Maybe call him in advance to see if he's already made plans for the mom; if not, then tell him what you're going to do. Be sweet! You might want to make her a cake, still, anyway. But ya' know, if you're doing one for your other friends anyway, then why would you exclude ths mom? I think you'd feel better if you did it, I don't see a problem.

MikeRowesHunny Posted 9 May 2006 , 10:31am
post #6 of 11

Removed

Kelly10176 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kelly10176 Posted 9 May 2006 , 11:14am
post #7 of 11

This is just the way I am. So don't take this the wrong way please...

I wouldn't say jack about it. If it doesn't concern me. Then I wouldn't worry about it. I don't get involved in my customer's personals lives. Unless their my own family. I'm running a business. I just don't have the time to worry about it.

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 9 May 2006 , 1:22pm
post #8 of 11

Look at it this way: He is a customer who ordered a mother's day cake. How should you know who he's giving it to? don't concern yourself.

candyladyhelen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candyladyhelen Posted 9 May 2006 , 2:02pm
post #9 of 11

I agree with the above. If you are in business, you really can't get involved with the decisions of your clients.

Ladivacrj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladivacrj Posted 9 May 2006 , 2:13pm
post #10 of 11

This is a hard situation.

In any normal event I would say just make the cake that has been ordered.

But you are already making cakes for others who are friends (understanding that you don't really know her) but woman to woman, if you have some extra that you could spare, I would have 2 cakes ready when he came to pick up the cake ordered.

And just say to him have the girls give this to their mom on Mother's Day.

This way it really doesn't offend and you are doing it for the kids.

Sorry about your position, but I think that's what I would do.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 9 May 2006 , 4:54pm
post #11 of 11

wow........the fact that bonjovibabe removed what she wrote......I wish I knew what you guys were talking about LOL Where's the rest of the link??

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%