Strawberry Filling Recipe

Baking By taznjo Updated 26 Apr 2007 , 8:38pm by pieface

taznjo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
taznjo Posted 25 Apr 2007 , 2:55pm
post #1 of 12

I am making a strawberry cake for my daughters birthday cake and I need a good recipe for a strawberry filling. I am in Germany and have access to freshly picked berries or frozen ones - however, I don't have access to strawberry flavoring and because this is a childs party I want to stay away from any Liquor or alcohol of any type. Ideas please?

11 replies
dolfin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolfin Posted 25 Apr 2007 , 8:36pm
post #2 of 12
taznjo Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 4:13pm
post #3 of 12

Thanks a ton, I will give it a shot. Look like what I was looking for. Anything to impress a bunch of 4 year olds! (OK, so really, it is the moms I am looking to impress, they are the ones with the wallets!). Thanks

awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 5:12pm
post #4 of 12

I just went out at lunch to buy an all fruit strawberry jelly/jam type spread for a cake I'm making tonight. I wanted Polaner All Fruit but they only had Smucker's in the strawberry. Do you have access to anything like that in Germany?

The stuff I"m talking about is not jam or preserves with the fruit chunks and not a jelly - sort of like a super smooth jam. Does that make sense? I've used raspberry before and it tastes great but is easy because you don't have to make it yourself and does not have to be refrigerated.

taznjo Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 7:43pm
post #5 of 12

There are oodles of preserves, jams and jellies here in Germany. I should run down to the local Netto of Lidl and see what I can stumble across. Thanks for the idea!

cakestoorder Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakestoorder Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 8:00pm
post #6 of 12

I use fresh strawberries and slowly adding them to a sugar and water boil-add alittle cornstarch as thicking agent-put all ingredients through a strainer (to De-seed) you will have fresh ,beautiful thick sauce,add some strawberries after spreading sauce

swingme83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
swingme83 Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 8:02pm
post #7 of 12

how do you amek strawberry cake?

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 8:09pm
post #8 of 12

i just made a strawberry cake and finished decorating it yesterday. i used a duncan hines mix with a cheescake pudding in it and an extra egg..as suggested by another member.

as a filling, i used the fruit dip that you see alot at parties; small jar of mallo cream and an 8 oz block of cream cheese,mixed well. it was very good.

the only thing i think i will change for my next order is that i used buttercream dream, but it was a little too sweet, so i think i will end up doing it this next time with imbc or something light like that. hope this helps

swingme83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
swingme83 Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 8:12pm
post #9 of 12

so it is a strawberry box mix?

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 8:17pm
post #10 of 12

for my recipe, yes.

i have an order coming up for the first week of may that requested strawberry cake. when i went searching here on the recipe forum, i saw the fruit dip used as a filling, and i've always loved that dip, but just had never thought of using it as a filling. i wanted to try the recipes out first, so i made a small one as a freebie for a friend, and also made 6 cupcakes for my family to try it also. it was really yummy. next time, i may even add strawberries sliced really thinly into the filling also.

taznjo Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 8:32pm
post #11 of 12

For the strawberry cake I plan on a recipe from the Cake Mix Doctor.

1 pkg white cake mix
1 pkg (3 oz) strawberry gelatin
4 T flour
1 cup vege oil
1/2 cup surar
1/2 cup milk
4 large eggs
1/2 cup finely chopped fresh strawberries.;

Bake for 350 degrees

pieface Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pieface Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 8:38pm
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlataylor

i just made a strawberry cake and finished decorating it yesterday. i used a duncan hines mix with a cheescake pudding in it and an extra egg..as suggested by another member.

as a filling, i used the fruit dip that you see alot at parties; small jar of mallo cream and an 8 oz block of cream cheese,mixed well. it was very good.

the only thing i think i will change for my next order is that i used buttercream dream, but it was a little too sweet, so i think i will end up doing it this next time with imbc or something light like that. hope this helps

DUNCAN HINES makes the best strawberry cake! I actually did a blind test between DH and Pillsbury strawberry cake mixes. Used all the same ingredients...and DH was by far the favorite for many. I told everyone that one was a boxed mix and the other was scratch icon_rolleyes.gif ...everyone thought the DH was the scratch cake! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%