Cupcakes With The Pool Theme

Decorating By Juju3636 Updated 7 May 2006 , 7:19pm by Bettycrockermommy

Juju3636 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Juju3636 Posted 5 May 2006 , 11:37pm
post #1 of 8

hello everyone...
I need an idea on how to make cupcakes into small pools. I want to do this because the pool cake ideas that I have found will not be enough for our children in our childcare center. So I was thinking if I could make cupcakes there would be enough and everyone would have their very own pool.
Thank you for any help.

7 replies
Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 5 May 2006 , 11:51pm
post #2 of 8

Maybe you could frost it blue and then use the piping gel to make it look like water??

Michie21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michie21 Posted 5 May 2006 , 11:55pm
post #3 of 8

I agree with Vick. And maybe put a little circular 'floating' tube on top of each? You could always do that in BC iceing OR for something easier get those Jelly candy rings. They come in tons of flavors and colors and I think they would look cute.

Good luck! I'd love to see pictures of whatever you come up with!

Bettycrockermommy Posted 6 May 2006 , 1:54am
post #4 of 8

I like the idea of the floating inner tube. Something like those lifesaver gummies. That would be so cute!!!

Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 6 May 2006 , 2:23am
post #5 of 8

Dome the cupcakes then scoop out some to make the pool--cute idea with the rings!

mendhigurl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mendhigurl Posted 6 May 2006 , 2:59am
post #6 of 8

what if you went with the innertubes/floats and added in a little teddy graham dressed in shorts/swimsuit?

mommachris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommachris Posted 6 May 2006 , 4:30am
post #7 of 8

How about trimming fruit strip gum in to mini kick boards or little surf boards?

mommachris

Bettycrockermommy Posted 7 May 2006 , 7:19pm
post #8 of 8

That's another really good idea!

I was telling my daughter about this thread, and she decided that she wants her cake for her birthday to be a swimming pool cake. icon_rolleyes.gif I think I wlll use these ideas on her cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%