Whoever Posted This Last.....

Decorating By SugarCreations Updated 1 May 2006 , 6:52pm by selecia

SugarCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarCreations Posted 30 Apr 2006 , 4:11pm
post #1 of 6

Whoever the last person was that posted the question about how many cups are in a pound I gave you the wrong answer. Its 2 not 4. One cup=8ounces 16 Ounces= 1 pound or 450 grams. Sorry don't know why I was thinking 4.

Regards Sugarcreations...

5 replies
Crimsicle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crimsicle Posted 30 Apr 2006 , 9:16pm
post #2 of 6

You can't substitute volume for weight. That only works for butter.

A pound of flour, for instance, is around 4 cups. Every ingredient has a different density and will weigh more or less per cup than the next ingredient. Weigh a cup of different things, and you'll see what I mean.

LinB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LinB Posted 30 Apr 2006 , 9:22pm
post #3 of 6

SugarCreations -- If i recall I believe that was a post pertaining to butter in the favorite recipe swap thread.

HTH

LinB

msmeg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msmeg Posted 1 May 2006 , 5:55pm
post #4 of 6

What confuses most people is our use of ounces...Ounces are used in weight measurement 16 ounces = 1 pound

BUT they are also used in liquid measurement 8 ounces equal 1 cup

but remember 8 ounces may not weigh 8 ounces.

deijha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deijha Posted 1 May 2006 , 6:43pm
post #5 of 6

Hi, I beleive it was I that posted this last SugarCreations. thanks for all the great help everyone.

selecia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
selecia Posted 1 May 2006 , 6:52pm
post #6 of 6

I don't have anything to do with this thread, but it was funny that your talking about pounds and ounces not being "ounces". I'm a fifth grade math teacher and I just taught that stuff last week! Being that I bake (or try to) as well, I have learned that a pound of one thing is not necessarily a "pound" of something else. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%