White Almond Sour Cream.... Chocolate Version?

Decorating By kanchaser55 Updated 20 Apr 2007 , 5:50pm by Sandralee903

kanchaser55 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kanchaser55 Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 12:32pm
post #1 of 13

Anyone have this recipe or know how to convert the WASC into CHOCOLATE WASC?

Thanks!

12 replies
meghanb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meghanb Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 2:11pm
post #2 of 13

I think all you have to do is add 6 whole eggs instead of 8 egg whites, and some people exchange the almond for more vanilla.

I made it a while back, and really didn't like it. I've made the regular version, and with yellow cake mix, but the chocolate was not very good. Perhaps others add more cocoa or something, but it did not have a strong chocolate taste.

mom2seven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2seven Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 2:17pm
post #3 of 13

For chocolate cake: use chocolate cake mixes, omit almond extract and substitute 6 whole eggs for the whites. Same applies to Marble Cakes.

beccakelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beccakelly Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 3:44pm
post #4 of 13

i would also just use a chocolate cake mix. i bet you could still use the almond extract though. cake mix dr has a recipe for choc buttemilk cake that uses almond extract, and its delish!

kanchaser55 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kanchaser55 Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 4:25pm
post #5 of 13

Many thanks, guys! I hope the groom's cake turns out well... I'll try to post it when done!

Have a great weekend!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 4:58pm
post #6 of 13

I've used the Extender Recipe recipe for a chocolate cake. I added in additional cocoa powder, but I do that when doing any doctored cake mix now.

I think I did atleast 1/2 c of cocoa to the extender, to add a deeper chocolate taste.

shannonfl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannonfl Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 5:05pm
post #7 of 13

Chocolate Almond Sour Cream Cake

1 boxes chocolate cake mix
1 cups all-purpose flour
1 cups granulated sugar
3/4 teas. salt
3 eggs
1 1/3 cups water
1/8 cup vegetable oil
1 cup sour cream
1 teas. clear vanilla flavor
1 teas. almond extract

Mix all dry ingredients by hand using a whisk in a very large mixing bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and beat on low speed for 2 minutes. Bake at 325 degrees.

slp1956 gave me this recipe a longtime ago and I love it.

Daniellemhv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daniellemhv Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 5:09pm
post #8 of 13

I made the WASC with chocolate cake mix exact to recipe. It was good but I wish I would have used vanilla instead of almond.

justsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justsweet Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 5:17pm
post #9 of 13

here is how to make chocolate plus other flavors

Chocolate cake: use chocolate mixes, omit almond extract and substitute 6 whole eggs for the whites.

Liqueur flavors:
substitute alcohol (such as champagne or Kahlua) for about 1 cup of the water in the recipe

Berry flavors: use frozen berries, thaw reserving the juice. Substitute the berry juice for part of the water in the recipe, and stir the berries in at the end.

Egg whites you can use - 3 whole eggs and 1 egg white or 3 whole eggs (Carla, Sweet Dreams)

Banana flavor: (single recipe) = WASC recipe. add 1 box banana pudding, 1 banana mashed
1 tsp. banana flavor

For filling(is you want:: 1 box Banana pudding and 1 C whipping cream

msmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msmith Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 5:17pm
post #10 of 13

For my own little twist to the chocolate cake version, I add about 3/4 teaspoon of apple pie spice. It just bumps up the flavor a bit and people love my chocolate cake. They always say they can't put their finger on what's different about it! icon_lol.gif

2sweetcookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sweetcookies Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 5:37pm
post #11 of 13

I finally tried the WASC cake, I didn't think you'd be able to taste the sour cream and I only used a half cup, am I the only one that doesn't like sour cream in the cake? Other than that it was good.

dabear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dabear Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 5:40pm
post #12 of 13

I recently made the wasc using the chocolate fudge cake mixes. Next I will add more chocolate. It hardly tasted like chocolate. icon_sad.gif So I will try to make ganache and fill it!

Sandralee903 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sandralee903 Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 5:50pm
post #13 of 13

I halved the WASC recipe using DH Devils Food instead of white, used three whole eggs and added 1/4 cup of cocoa powder and 3/4 cup of flour. Didn't use almond flavoring. Was very chocolate-y and moist.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%