Nfsc With Mmf Help!!!!

Baking By prettysweet Updated 18 Apr 2007 , 3:51pm by Lindsayu83

prettysweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettysweet Posted 17 Apr 2007 , 10:52pm
post #1 of 3

I'm making cookies for a bridal shower and they're coming out terrible. One is a chocolate round cookie with a scallop shaped MMF in white or green with monogram initials in white or green RI. The colors of the wedding are brown and green so I thought a rim of chocolate would be good. They look awful. I'm not sure if a white scallop with green initials on top or the green scallop with white letters is worse. Is there a way to make them slightly shiny without making them sticky? I'm wrapping them individually and tying with thin green satin ribbon. I've just tried a few but I'm ready to stop. If I'm having trouble already I can't imagine the heart shaped gown and wedding cake cookies. Any suggestions"????? Boy am I in need of help.
LL

2 replies
cryssi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cryssi Posted 17 Apr 2007 , 11:37pm
post #2 of 3

I shine them up with a bit of shortening, but that probably won't work for you. Someone here awhile back told me glycerine works, but I haven't tried it so I can't comment on the stickiness or lack thereof.

What about luster dusts? I'm a HUGE fan of super pearl. I would do a light dusting of super pearl on the MMF before doing the monogram. Use a fluffy brush. See the xmas tree cookies in my photos to get an idea...

good luck!

Lindsayu83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lindsayu83 Posted 18 Apr 2007 , 3:51pm
post #3 of 3

my biggest problem is having the mmf look dusty. I just brush on some water mixed with a bit of corn syrup. It takes a while to dry, but when it does it looks a thousand times better, and then I can do my royal details. Hope that helps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%