Cheesecake And Bird/bf Disaster

Decorating By erinlynn22 Updated 4 May 2006 , 12:44pm by gilson6

erinlynn22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erinlynn22 Posted 15 Apr 2006 , 3:41pm
post #1 of 8

So I was making CHeesecake to bring to my mothers tomorrow for Easter. I had just poured the batter into the pan and it was sitting on the stove. I was getting ready to put it in the oven when my BF let the bird out of its cage. The bird flew into the kitchen, I yelled at the BF to get the bird out of the kitchen since I was cooking and the bird proceeded to land right on my cake - or in the cheesecake batter. So I had to throw out an entire cake and DBF is on his way to the store right now buying me more creamcheese and eggs. I still may ring his neck when he gets back. Needles to say, i'm pretty angry right now that I need to make the cake all over again. grrr. Just thought I'd share.

7 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 15 Apr 2006 , 3:51pm
post #2 of 8

lol!

what? and you didn't add to the order a dozen roses and piece of jewlery too? or at least a KA 600PRO! icon_rolleyes.gif

make him pay--big time!

lsawyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lsawyer Posted 15 Apr 2006 , 4:00pm
post #3 of 8

I agree with Doug! He owes you big time! I'd get all the mileage out of this one that I could! I believe that a cruise or a big chunk of diamond is in order. This will help the...you know....emotional distress and all!
We got an African Grey about 6 months ago. I had to "nag" three times to my husband re bird stays in the cage when I cook before he complied. That's not the bird I want to find in my oven or stew!

jo_ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo_ann Posted 16 Apr 2006 , 2:25am
post #4 of 8

I think a past-present-future diamond is acceptable here considering the distress you went through. icon_razz.gif

chellebell70 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chellebell70 Posted 16 Apr 2006 , 2:48am
post #5 of 8

I sympathize and agree with Doug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My DH knows to tread lightly when I'm cooking - none the less baking. Nothing makes me madder than to have whatever I'm cooking or baking not turn out. My story was not the DH but the dog. She ate about a 1/4 of a 10 inch cheese cake that was cooling on the counter that I had baked for DH to go to his firehouse!!

bodaisy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bodaisy Posted 18 Apr 2006 , 9:25pm
post #6 of 8

I'm very anal about being in the kitchen!!! there's nothing like baking and bumping into someone because they are in the kitchen for NO REASON whatsoever!! So yea I would have sent him to the store as well.. I've had a similar experience not once but 3times.. I've made cupcakes for my son's class (and always make a few extra) and one of the times I had to leave for whatever reasons and the bf decides he'd eat like 8 of them and so I would be like 2 or 3 short.... Yes, I ended up in wal-mart at 10:00 at night getting cupcakes AND I made him pay for them, plus the cake mix I used for the cc, plus the gas to drive to wm, plus my time per hour... After that He always asks how many extras there are!!!!!

saiyansilk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saiyansilk Posted 4 May 2006 , 10:54am
post #7 of 8

haha sounds like the time my mother was mixing the frosting, and a big moth flew right into the blender. mmm moth flavored buttercream!

gilson6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gilson6 Posted 4 May 2006 , 12:44pm
post #8 of 8

My kids are forever letting our cat inside - as soon as he sees a cake on the table he's eating it! I have to constantly remind them when I am cooking/baking to get him out of the house.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%