mcalhoun Posted 11 Apr 2007 , 5:49pm
post #1 of

I am making some cupcakes this weekend for our "club shoot" at the gun club we belong to. Everyone will be competing in Skeet and / or Trap shooting. I know I can put a shotgun shell on top of a cupcake but I am having trouble figuring out how to make a broken clay. If anyone out there knows anything about either one of these sports I could really use some help. I have already checked the galleries and could not find anything. icon_cry.gif
TIA
Melissa

8 replies
Missyleigh Posted 11 Apr 2007 , 5:56pm
post #2 of

what about making cookins in the colr of the skeet ans then breaking htem up in top of the cup cakes? does this make sense?

mullett Posted 11 Apr 2007 , 6:00pm
post #3 of

how about some necco waffers broken up???

mcalhoun Posted 11 Apr 2007 , 6:38pm
post #4 of

Missyleigh do you mean make the top of the cupcake orange then take something and crack the icing?

Mullett - sorry what is a necco waffer?

step0nmi Posted 11 Apr 2007 , 6:47pm
post #5 of

What about just snipping off a piece of a white chocolate wilton melts? Did you understand what I meant cause I am not sure if I explained it right? Unless you wanted it bigger then I would do a vanilla wafer covered in white chocolate. Good luck on your idea! very interesting icon_rolleyes.gif

mullett Posted 11 Apr 2007 , 6:48pm
post #6 of

sorry to many f's. it's necco wafers. candy wafers, they come in a sleeve. all different colors and just chocolate. go to www.vermontcountrystore.com they carry them. i can get them at my cvs. or do a google search. you may find come closer to you. they are great to use on gingerbread houses for the roof tiles.

mcalhoun Posted 11 Apr 2007 , 6:50pm
post #7 of

What a cool thought a vanilla wafer covered in orange candy melts (the clay pidgeons are orange) and then somehow just break a piece off of it. Thanks Stephanie! I will do that for part of them for sure. Others I am going to make a shotgun shell for and I am still open for other ideas.
Melissa

tiptop57 Posted 11 Apr 2007 , 7:00pm
post #8 of

I have a broken clay target sitting on my comuter here at work. (I know, I heard it all, I am the VERY liberal artist who shoots targets. Please no jokes cuz I drink scotch also. Hardy har-har icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif )

My targets are orange and about the size of a teacup saucer. I would sculpt a target out of gumpaste and "pepper" it with "BB shot" holes to make it feel as if it were a target. I think if it was broken up like the one my computer it might not read the same way. Then you might want to do a square cake and make a "paper" shooting target on top to balance out the shell and clay target. icon_wink.gif

Good luck and post your pix.

Missyleigh Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 2:11am
post #9 of

no i ment to make a cookie in the shapeof the skeet then crack it on top of the cupcake but the 'nilla wafer idea is much better and easier

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%