Vegas Pastry Battle - Food Network

Sugar Work By glory2god Updated 10 Jun 2006 , 2:23pm by Doug

glory2god Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
glory2god Posted 9 Apr 2006 , 1:06pm
post #1 of 11

i was watching the pastry battle last night and i have a few questions.
1. where can you buy the rubber that they use to pour their sugar into to make specific designs?
2. do they order them pre-cut or cut the designs into the rubber themselves?
3. did they make the molds that they made the dice themselves or is there somewhere you can purchase them from?
4. am i the only one that thought the young lady should have been in the top 3?

10 replies
fearlessbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fearlessbaker Posted 9 Apr 2006 , 1:14pm
post #2 of 11

I didn't see it but I am going to check to see if it is on again. I haate missing these.

mushbug9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mushbug9 Posted 9 Apr 2006 , 1:33pm
post #3 of 11

I don't know if this one is going to be on again (probably today sometime) but I know there is a Birthday Cake Challange tonight at I think 9. I don't know if it is a repeat, but I figuered you would like to know.

As far as the rubber sugar molds go, I don't know what it is or where ect but I have seen a show where they were cutting what they wanted out of the rubber. It was one solid piece that they made into what they wanted. Thats about all I know about it. LOL

fearlessbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fearlessbaker Posted 9 Apr 2006 , 2:29pm
post #4 of 11

Thanks Mushbug, For your help. Everyone on CC is so helpfull.

glory2god Posted 9 Apr 2006 , 2:47pm
post #5 of 11

thank you very much. the show will reair on april 15th 5pm et/pt.

gardengazer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gardengazer Posted 9 Apr 2006 , 3:08pm
post #6 of 11

Hi, I didn't see the show either, but here is a link to an interesting mold-making site:

http://www.chefrubber.com/

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 9 Apr 2006 , 3:57pm
post #7 of 11

at the cake show in MD yesterday, there was a vendor from www.makeyourownmolds.com. it looked really neat.

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 9 Apr 2006 , 4:08pm
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by glory2god

i was watching the pastry battle last night and i have a few questions.
1. where can you buy the rubber that they use to pour their sugar into to make specific designs?
2. do they order them pre-cut or cut the designs into the rubber themselves?
3. did they make the molds that they made the dice themselves or is there somewhere you can purchase them from?
4. am i the only one that thought the young lady should have been in the top 3?

Nope, you weren't the only one! My DH thought she should have won first place...we went to Las Vegas last January and she really did do a great representation of LV!

as far as molds, man, I have enough to worry about doing cakes! hahahaha! Sugar looks VERY HARD!

glory2god Posted 9 Apr 2006 , 4:44pm
post #9 of 11

gardengazer, thanks for the chef rubber site. one of the questions i forgot to ask was if the clear sugar cards were decorated with a silkscreen. well, the answer is yes and they sell them on that site. they also have latex tubing, neoprene sheet rubber, sugar warming box, hand torch, blowing sugar tubes.... boy, if i only had the money........one day icon_smile.gif

bonniebakes - didn't mean to over look you. thank you also. i was just so excited to see all the sugar artistry things....please forgive me.

skylightsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
skylightsky Posted 10 Jun 2006 , 2:10pm
post #10 of 11

Hey bonniebakes,

Those candles are cute. Searched for a link on their site where I coudl make my own mold... but couldn't find... Did bookmark the site though. Those luminaries beat a regular candle for a wedding anyday.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 10 Jun 2006 , 2:23pm
post #11 of 11

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%