Very Ugly Easter Egg. :(

Decorating By 2sdae Updated 16 Apr 2007 , 1:56am by sweetness_221

2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 8 Apr 2007 , 3:18pm
post #1 of 11

I tried to Make my first 3D cake. I used the wilton egg pan and well as you can look and see, the cake was fine but my fondant covering didn't turn out so well. I tried to put a design on the fondant before I covered the egg and when I did it all stretched out and looked awful! So I redid it and tried to put the pattern on after it was covered and not much better I am afraid. So I just covered the sad little thing with a black fondant ribbon and bow. This was my first time making a fondant bow but I guess it's ok.
Be honest and tell me what your opinions are. What needs this or that!!!!
icon_cry.gif
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=allby&uname=2sdae&cat=0&pos=0

10 replies
hnogden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hnogden Posted 8 Apr 2007 , 3:29pm
post #2 of 11

I think it looks great. I love the colors that you used and the bow looks fantastic. I can totally see the design you tried to use on the fondant. I think it looks wonderful.

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 8 Apr 2007 , 3:33pm
post #3 of 11

I know exactly what you are saying, I also did a 3D egg-shaped cake and it was soooo hard to cover with fondant, I had the hardest time and did it over and over again! Hopefully next time I´ll have better luck!
I did see you pic and love the colors, very cute! And overall it looks nice, can hardly tell you had issues with the fondant. Happy Easter!!

Patty1967 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Patty1967 Posted 8 Apr 2007 , 5:24pm
post #4 of 11

It looks great - beautiful colors. You did a very nice job -better than I could ever do.

bonniesido Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniesido Posted 8 Apr 2007 , 5:46pm
post #5 of 11

Not ugly at all, and definitely not a disaster. If I had not known prior to looking, I would have thought that was the effect you had wanted to achieve! Like your color choice too!

2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 8 Apr 2007 , 9:35pm
post #6 of 11

Thanks for all the compliments guys. I added some dragees and felt a little better about it. Everyone at the party loved it! I was a little embarrassed to have them gushing over what in my eyes seemed so flawed! icon_biggrin.gif Here is the newer & improved pic
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&pos=-381743

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 15 Apr 2007 , 11:18pm
post #7 of 11

If those are edible dragees, next time, try to just touch a bit of water on them to stick to the fondant (instead of icing).....it will have a very neat and clean appearance thumbs_up.gif

planeart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
planeart Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 12:58am
post #8 of 11

awww, I think it looks kinda cute

leafstar2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leafstar2 Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 1:03am
post #9 of 11

it's ok, it looks pretty good birthday.gif

tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 1:10am
post #10 of 11

You stated that this was your first so I am going to say this is another case where we are too hard on ourselves. icon_wink.gif BTW you colors are lovely!

sweetness_221 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetness_221 Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 1:56am
post #11 of 11

You're definately waaay to hard on yourself. You did an excellent job. It's very pretty. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%