I Need Help I Have Girls Cake

Decorating By cakesbydeanna Updated 9 Apr 2007 , 5:36am by wyatt

cakesbydeanna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbydeanna Posted 5 Apr 2007 , 9:29pm
post #1 of 8

I have a cake for this weekend that I'm doing it is a 1st birthday for a little girl and can't come up with anything. I think I'm starting to stress out! The cake is going to be a 12inch round with a cake for the little girl to smash.
Thanks

7 replies
GIAcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GIAcakes Posted 5 Apr 2007 , 9:33pm
post #2 of 8

you could try searching the gallery- there are many cute ones!

sweetlybaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetlybaked Posted 5 Apr 2007 , 9:33pm
post #3 of 8

What is the theme for the party? Maybe you could go off of that. Or does the baby like anything, or the parents? Maybe do a color-themed one? HTH!

fmcmulle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fmcmulle Posted 5 Apr 2007 , 9:33pm
post #4 of 8

Is there anything that she really likes on tv, like cartoon characters? MY great nice was amazed by fish and elmo so I made the cake for the party with the fish ( one of the first that I posted on cc) and the little elmo face for her to smash. Check out the gallery there are tons of ideas there..

smbegg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smbegg Posted 5 Apr 2007 , 9:34pm
post #5 of 8

There is a cake in my pics that I did for a first birthday. It is easy. You wouldn't have to do the Lady bug if you didn't want to.

Stephanie

ccwkg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccwkg Posted 5 Apr 2007 , 9:36pm
post #6 of 8

Do they have a theme??? If not you could always go with the "safe" little girl themes, butterflys, or flowers. I personally like daisys for a firs birthday. I think they make great smash cakes. I have one in my pictures. Good luck!

Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 7 Apr 2007 , 2:50am
post #7 of 8

If there is no theme, I think flowers are great for a girl. You could make the smash cake in the shape of a #1, or FBCT an embellished #1 on a 6" round.

There are so many things you can do - the best thing is to go along with a theme if they have it, or with something she's interested in. I did a shell and pearl for my daughter's first birthday (my first try at fondant - not the best) because her name is Gretchen, which means pearl - the theme for the party was "our little pearl"! So there are ways to incorporate all kinds of things!

wyatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wyatt Posted 9 Apr 2007 , 5:36am
post #8 of 8

This is probably too late, but a number 1 shaped cake is always fun for a first birthday. You can do a little 6" smash cake for her. What did you end up doing?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%