How To Make Lacy Fondant

Decorating By Karenelli Updated 25 Mar 2006 , 4:13pm by ellyrae

Karenelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karenelli Posted 24 Mar 2006 , 7:55pm
post #1 of 6

I have been looking thru several websites to find cutters for fondant. I see cakes that look like a fancy material with the edges cutout like a fancy lace handkerchief. I'm sure someone on this site knows where I can order them from.

5 replies
ljkforester Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ljkforester Posted 24 Mar 2006 , 10:55pm
post #2 of 6

I have seen molds on www.sugarcraft.com Good Luck!!

rlm5150 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rlm5150 Posted 25 Mar 2006 , 3:21pm
post #3 of 6

I have also seen molds like this in the Sweet Celebrations catalog. I really want to order some and try them. Let us know if you do and how they turn out.
Tabby

iceberg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iceberg Posted 25 Mar 2006 , 3:33pm
post #4 of 6

http://www.cakesbysam.com/store/cart.php

If you look at the cake I posted yesterday, I bought my items here and used the angel hair lace rolling pin, the diamond impression mat and the lace impression mold.

tatetart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatetart Posted 25 Mar 2006 , 3:36pm
post #5 of 6

http://www.earlenescakes.com/store/impression_tools.html

Earlene has the lace cutters and impression mats.

I love her website. It has so much helpful info.

ellyrae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellyrae Posted 25 Mar 2006 , 4:13pm
post #6 of 6

I've used the edges of stencils before (like for scrapbooking) and various tips (rounds, stars, even leaf tips) to make a lacey look on my edges.

With the stencils, I just lay it on my fondant and follow the edge with a sharp blade. Then I go back with a tip I've chosen to make small cut outs. Then I go back with icing (royal or buttercream) and pipe small scrolls, dots, etc... after I've placed it on my cake.

You can get a good, original looking lace! I'm sorry I don't have a sample to show you off hand icon_sad.gif but it's worked great for me!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%