Sheet Pan Sizes

Decorating By ccbakes Updated 20 Apr 2005 , 8:19am by flayvurdfun

ccbakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccbakes Posted 19 Apr 2005 , 8:16pm
post #1 of 4

Ok I know this was on here once before and as usual I forgot to write it down so her goes..
What are the general sizes for sheet pans. I need the 1/8,1/4, and 1/2. Please and thank you! I think I have them but I'd really like to be sure so I figured if there was anywhere that knew for sure, It would be HERE!

3 replies
sweetie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetie Posted 19 Apr 2005 , 9:14pm
post #2 of 4

Here's the link to the previous posting.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-952-sheet.html+cake+sizes

Hope this is what you were looking for.

Lynn

Caligrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caligrl Posted 20 Apr 2005 , 5:11am
post #3 of 4

I have another question then. Why is the Wilton 1/2 sheet smaller than most 1/2 sheet sizes. Isn't that odd?
AMY icon_rolleyes.gif

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 20 Apr 2005 , 8:19am
post #4 of 4

great question....sometimes I think there is no specific size for sheets and such... a 1/4 sheet is just a 9x13 (usually with square corners) but I know that around here and in Delaware, that a full sheet cake is 4 9x13 together...if you cant find a bakery with a large even oven to make one huge pan....in fact is there such a thing?? every cake I have ever seen is 2 9x13 as a half sheet, and so on..... but I know I have seen one pan that is half sheet, its confusing..... I just tell people here that I only have rounded corner 9x13s just so they dont expect that I have big pans.... I have only made one full sheet (4 9x13s) for the boy scouts and I have posted that.... and one 1/2 sheet cake for my husbands promotion party, the rest have been 9x13s.... heck I cant get an order for a square or round cake~ icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%