Ribbon Border On Bc

Decorating By lecrn Updated 30 Mar 2007 , 3:01am by cakesbykitty

lecrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lecrn Posted 29 Mar 2007 , 10:26pm
post #1 of 6

I've never done this before & was wondering if anyone can give me a few pointers. Does the ribbon need to backed with something so that the grease from the bc doesn't go through the ribbon? Is there any particular ribbon that works best?
THX!

5 replies
jennsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennsmom Posted 29 Mar 2007 , 11:44pm
post #2 of 6

I have done this a few times with satin ribbon. I iron the ribbon on wax paper and that puts a finish on the ribbon so that the buttercream doesn't bleed. It has worked very well. Good luck.

Beth

Cake_Mooma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Mooma Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 1:18am
post #3 of 6

I have put the ribbon straight on the cake and not had any problems.. I have a cake in my photos with yellow flowers and ribbon and I just put the ribbon right on the cake and that cake was for a birthday in the middle of June.

Vic

lsawyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lsawyer Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 1:32am
post #4 of 6

I've read where someone used water-proof ribbon for this. It's available at florist supply stores. I haven't tried it, though.

mommyerin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyerin Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 2:05am
post #5 of 6

I've done a couple of cakes with a wired ribbon border over BC and never had a problem. There's a picture in my photos.

cakesbykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbykitty Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 3:01am
post #6 of 6

some people back with ironed on freezer paper (i bought some and have yet to try it), personally, i just attach it with a small dab of butter cream in the back, wrap it around, one more dab of butter cream and i'm done. the pics i have on here with this ribbon method are the sea shell cake, the H&R Block cake and the purple floral cake.... if you want to see how it turns out. good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%