Coca Cola Bottle Cake

Decorating By RachelC Updated 26 Mar 2007 , 8:17pm by RachelC

RachelC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RachelC Posted 26 Mar 2007 , 5:24pm
post #1 of 4

I am attempting to make a coca~cola shaped cake for my aunt's surprise 39th birthday this weekend...any suggestions? I don't have the slightest clue of what I should do! I'm thinking I can carve a cake in the shape of a coca cola bottle...or a 3-d coca cola cake- but not sure how that would stand! suggestions would be great! TIA

3 replies
milal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milal Posted 26 Mar 2007 , 5:48pm
post #2 of 4

There are a few ways to do this that come to my mind. If you want a 3D cake, depending on how big you want it, use 6 and 8 in cakes stacked to form the bottle. Remember to use dowels to sturdy the cake. Another way is to use a sheet cake and cut it in the outline of a coke bottle and decorate, that way you wont have to worry about it being sturdy. Or you could do a FBCT on a cake. Look through the gallery as I am sure there are bottle pictures you can compare to. Good Luck and don't forget to post you picture!

lastingmoments Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lastingmoments Posted 26 Mar 2007 , 5:55pm
post #3 of 4

I havent done a bottle but I did do a coke can...just make sure you support it very well and it shouldnt be a problem.....just stack support and carve......good luck! my can i in my photos

RachelC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RachelC Posted 26 Mar 2007 , 8:17pm
post #4 of 4

thanks for the reply back! I am looking to do one in the shape of the actual bottle. I read how some people have baked a can in a can to get the circular shape with height...so I may do that...I'm thinking of using the boba tea straws for dowels (easier access for me and much cheaper!) I was thinking of using chocolate clay to cover the cake since its more pliable, but not sure how to get the logo of the diet coke/coca cola onto chocolate clay...any suggestions?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%