Rude Comments

Lounge By havenleigh Updated 26 Feb 2006 , 12:46am by veejaytx

havenleigh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
havenleigh Posted 25 Feb 2006 , 9:27pm
post #1 of 46

Hello everyone,

I haven't posted lately because I have been trying to get my business going and have been very busy lately. I am posting today because I was appalled after reading something today. I checked my email and saw that someone had posted a comment on one of my pics...a naughty pic to be exact. I logged onto the site to check the comment and the comment was "It sucks". I must admit that was not at all one of my better pieces of work, but a friend insisted she wanted that for her birthday and so I attempted to do the best I could. I am not one to dismiss any suggestions as to how to improve...I welcome all CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, but for someone to just say it sucks was plain rude. The only answer I can give myself for such a tacky comment is that the person who posted it has mastered the art of cake decorating and is used to displaying his or her pieces in world renown literature. I apologize if I am making this a bigger deal than it is and am venting for no reason but I just can't believe that someone would be so rude as to criticize those who are trying their best at something. I would really appreciate other input on this, and please let me know if I was wrong at being upset and making this post.

thanks,
nestle

45 replies
nanni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanni Posted 25 Feb 2006 , 9:33pm
post #2 of 46

NOONE has the right to be so rude to anyone-we all have our opinions on cakes-be it good or not-but it is just plain rude to say what was said. If that is the way the person felt-they should have kept their mouth shut and just not commented at all=there is no steadfast rule that you must comment on every cake (even if a moderator you can ask to not comment on a cake you feel very negative about). I am sorry that someone decided to be so rude and juvenile.

smashcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smashcakes Posted 25 Feb 2006 , 9:36pm
post #3 of 46

maybe since it was a naughty cake "it sucks" was meant to be a tongue in cheek compliment? just trying to give a possibly positive reason someone would say that

arianne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arianne Posted 25 Feb 2006 , 9:50pm
post #4 of 46

Havenleigh, the comment that they made was uncalled for..the point to posting the pic was to show that you tried, and at the worst to get constructive criticism..i'm sorry you got a comment like that on your cake. Keep on bakin' icon_biggrin.gif.

MadeYaLook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MadeYaLook Posted 25 Feb 2006 , 9:55pm
post #5 of 46

Smashcakes, I thought the same thing, so I went to see for myself before replying. Its not. This comment was meant to be rude. The member that sent it is new to CC. The members name is "cansiam". I took it upon myself to tell the member that their rude comments are unwelcome and unwanted. We all could use a little constructive criticism sometimes, but they offered none. What they said was meant to be hurtful.

Heavenleigh, I thought that your cakes were good, and as long as your friend enjoyed them, thats all that matteres. thumbs_up.gif

MommyEdzards Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommyEdzards Posted 25 Feb 2006 , 9:59pm
post #6 of 46

people like this suck icon_lol.gif
Your cakes are awesome & I would not worry about it. I had this problem with someone too. Some people just like to stir the pot and get people fired up.
WE know YOU are GREAT!

smileyface Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smileyface Posted 25 Feb 2006 , 9:59pm
post #7 of 46

Which cake is it? Male? Female? Don't worry about it Nestle, I think the person posting it being rude on purpose. Try not to let it bother you if you can. I couldn't find it but I sure did notice cansiam is making a lot of comments that I think are very inappropriate on a lot of cakes. If you looks through the female cakes, cansiam posted a lot of things there. I think I will PM a moderator about this.

bjfranco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bjfranco Posted 25 Feb 2006 , 10:02pm
post #8 of 46

I too looked up Cansiam in the member list to find that they are new (joined yesterday) and that they have not made any post or bravely posted any pics of their own cakes. Obviously, this person is not interested in baking and joined to view naughty cakes........ How sad for that person.

Please don't the action of this one person upset you. By the way........ I attempted to do a 3-D cake like that yesterday with no luck. icon_lol.gif

Hang in there,
bj icon_wink.gif

Lazy_Susan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lazy_Susan Posted 25 Feb 2006 , 10:03pm
post #9 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyface

Which cake is it? Male? Female? Don't worry about it Nestle, I think the person posting it being rude on purpose. Try not to let it bother you if you can. I couldn't find it but I sure did notice cansiam is making a lot of comments that I think are very inappropriate on a lot of cakes. If you looks through the female cakes, cansiam posted a lot of things there. I think I will PM a moderator about this.

That's a good idea. I checked and cansiam just joined on Feb. 23rd. Odd that they would join and then just slam people if they truly wanted to be a member of this site.

Lazy_Susan

smileyface Posted 25 Feb 2006 , 10:06pm
post #10 of 46

No moderators are online and I don't see Jackie or Heath either. Anyone know who to PM??

EDITED For poor spelling, LOL!! icon_redface.gif

JennT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennT Posted 25 Feb 2006 , 10:07pm
post #11 of 46

I don't really think they understand what this site is about. Maybe they're just here for the pics and think they can do as they please. I hope the moderators look into this one and point it out to Jackie and/or Heath.

TamiAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TamiAZ Posted 25 Feb 2006 , 10:07pm
post #12 of 46

Could it have been a troll??? People have nothing better to do than cruise the internet and try to cause havoc... I particpate on the Weight Watchers board and they have a field day calling people fat and lazy!!

KittisKakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KittisKakes Posted 25 Feb 2006 , 10:13pm
post #13 of 46

Wow! Just got a look a some of those posts - I know those pics are graphic, but the comments are absolutely uncalled for.

havenleigh - your pics are great

mudpie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mudpie Posted 25 Feb 2006 , 10:15pm
post #14 of 46

I think it's STRANGE that someone new is immediately on the naughty gallery anyway. (kind of a specialized thing don't ya think?)There's so much to look at and learn. And no posts anywhere. I JUST got access to it now so I could check out the cake, but couldn't find it.

I agree. If you have nothing good to say..say nothing!

Just plain OBNOXIOUS.

Consider the source and ignore it ignorant.

Easier said than done. I know.

nanni Posted 25 Feb 2006 , 10:16pm
post #15 of 46

You can PM Jackie-she will probably check it later tonight if she has a chance. I remember having someone on the site not tooo long ago who started bashing everyone-needless to say she wasn't on very long. This site is for CONSTRUCTIVE feedback if requested-it is ALWAYS for support-noone is perfect-but apparently a new poster thinks she is-if ya can't play nice-get off the playground!

smileyface Posted 25 Feb 2006 , 10:18pm
post #16 of 46

Okay, flayvurdfun just logged on so I PMed her. I am sure she will get to the bottom of it for us!! I found it but with kids 8 , 6, & 4 running around the house, I had to be careful. icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif

snicker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snicker Posted 25 Feb 2006 , 10:21pm
post #17 of 46

My guess is maybe this is some young teenage boys or something. Sure acts like it. icon_smile.gif

TamiAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TamiAZ Posted 25 Feb 2006 , 10:21pm
post #18 of 46

Guys, if this person is showing as new and they are hanging out on the naughty board they are a troll... I would almost guarantee it. Don't waste your time or energy on them. You'll only encourage them to come back and do it some more!!

nanni Posted 25 Feb 2006 , 10:23pm
post #19 of 46

Well, I pm'd the person-they/he/she doesn't have to like my opinion, but what the heck-I don't like theirs approach. WE are all grownups here and all of enjoy hearing words of encouragement-everyone keep up their good work-one bad apple doesn't have to spoil it for everyone else.

KayDay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayDay Posted 25 Feb 2006 , 10:24pm
post #20 of 46

Yeah, thats what it sounded like to me...a teenager or someone who just happened upon the site and joined for this purpose..I wouldnt let it get to me..I dont feel like they will become a regular!..lol

MommyEdzards Posted 25 Feb 2006 , 10:24pm
post #21 of 46

Now that is pathetic..... lusting over cakes......ewww gross!!!

mudpie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mudpie Posted 25 Feb 2006 , 10:26pm
post #22 of 46

Cans-I-am?
Hmmm.

So, is there a way to search by author for comments on pictures?

Anyway..I saw one comment where they used the f word.
I say we just let it go and let the administrators do their investigative work and bann them.

JennT Posted 25 Feb 2006 , 10:27pm
post #23 of 46

LOL....if that's the case, I'd say it's a symptom of some serious problems!! LOL icon_lol.gificon_razz.gif Let's hope it's just a stray teenager..... icon_rolleyes.gif

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 25 Feb 2006 , 10:29pm
post #24 of 46

OK dolls, I will see what I can do ...... I am sorry to any of you who the comments were made to.... no ones cakes suck...and I too believe that this will blow over (no pun intended) Moderators arent authorized yet to moderate pictures or their comments...but rest assured things will be taken care of......

(man they are rude and I am very sorry!) icon_cry.gif

twinsline7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinsline7 Posted 25 Feb 2006 , 10:31pm
post #25 of 46

HEY HEY HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYY........I have been frustrated that there isn't a way to look up members....but it seems as though some of you know how icon_confused.gif ...........I want to know I want to read I want to see too!!!

I'm always late for the show!!! icon_cry.gif

No seriously....my cousin joined last week and I can't find her icon_lol.gif..I only see her leaving messages on my photos! so can someone please tell me how to do a member search??

JennT Posted 25 Feb 2006 , 10:34pm
post #26 of 46

Click on the Forums tab...Click on 'Member List'...then you'll see there there's a space to fill in a name and a 'Look Up Member' button. That's how I did it... hope this helps you! icon_smile.gif

MommyEdzards Posted 25 Feb 2006 , 10:35pm
post #27 of 46

Go to Memberlist right under forums or galleries and then type in their name and search.

sweetsuccess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsuccess Posted 25 Feb 2006 , 10:35pm
post #28 of 46

Go to MEMBERLIST at the top of your screen. Members are in there from the date they joined, not alphabetically, I think.

sofiasmami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sofiasmami Posted 25 Feb 2006 , 10:36pm
post #29 of 46

go to the forums section ... click on memberlist ... then you type in the name of the person ... then once you find them click on their name ... good luck

TandTHarrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TandTHarrell Posted 25 Feb 2006 , 10:40pm
post #30 of 46

I can not locate her pics, can someone please tell me how thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%