Anybody Knows Where Can I Find.......

Decorating By Lejla Updated 19 Mar 2007 , 6:16pm by ShirleyW

Lejla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lejla Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 5:14pm
post #1 of 6

Hi guys;

I have some good and some bad news.The good news is I got Kerry Vincent's "Romantic Wedding Cakes" book.The bad news is;
I would love to try to make one of the cakes in it.And it requires a 150 acantus leaves.The problem is you have to have a mold for this.The mold is called a "Berling acantus leaf mold", I tried to find it online but no luck.Anyone knows a good place I coud get one.I would really, really apreciate your help. icon_smile.gif

5 replies
ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 5:50pm
post #2 of 6

You are having a problem finding it because you are not spelling it correctly it is Acanthus, you left out the H. And also if you type in Leaf mold in a search engine they think you are talking about a plant disease. You need to look for Acanthus veiner.
Here is one from sugarpaste, scroll down to veiners and molds. The problem is it doesn't look like they have a cutter to go with it. You may have to cut a leaf free hand and press it into the veiner and trim the edges with small scissors.
http://www.sugarpaste.com/pdfs/catalog2006.pdf

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 5:58pm
post #3 of 6

I know which cake you're talking about. I also have the book and LOVE that cake. Someone told me once that the mold wasn't available in the U.S., and I haven't done anything to find it. If you do, please let me know!

Lejla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lejla Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 6:01pm
post #4 of 6

Thank you ShirleyW.I just realized now I did not spelled it right.But I do believe I did spelled right in the search engine.But I didn't do the "veiner" thing. Thank you so much for your help.You are great.

milal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milal Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 6:16pm
post #5 of 6

There is a mold in the sugerpaste catalogue, page six. Hope this helps.

http://www.sugarpaste.com/pdfs/catalog2006.pdf

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 6:16pm
post #6 of 6

Your welcome. If you have metal flower cutters you might be able to use something like an orchid petal that would be the right size and then just vein it in the Acanthus veiner.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%