First Whisy Cake

Decorating By cakeconfections Updated 12 Apr 2005 , 11:37pm by cakeconfections

cakeconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeconfections Posted 12 Apr 2005 , 10:56pm
post #1 of 5

First of all this cake was work. I almost started crying when I stacked the first layer and it was pointing the wrong way. Like a big dummy, tried to move it and ruined the frosting. I used the House buttercream from the book. I really love the frosting and the texture, but I am so not ready to work with that frosting. Being that it doenst crust I can only hot knife it. But after I got over that, I think this is one of my favorite cakes I have ever done. I used americolors electic color. I LOVE THEM.

I have posted it in birthday gallery.

4 replies
zoozieqv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoozieqv Posted 12 Apr 2005 , 11:15pm
post #2 of 5

Not too shabby!! Yeah, once you get the hang of those topsy turvy cakes, they're not too bad!!! Good first try!!!
Suzannaicon_smile.gif

cupcakequeen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakequeen Posted 12 Apr 2005 , 11:29pm
post #3 of 5

great first try! Can I make a suggestion? Maybe make higher layers so that it doesn't bunch up like that...also it looks like a lot of BC. But, I LOVE THOSE KINDS OF CAKES, and I LOVE THE COLORS! Good job!

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 12 Apr 2005 , 11:32pm
post #4 of 5

What a fun cake...the colors are great! Did you make the candles out of candy melts? They look great...very whimsical.

cakeconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeconfections Posted 12 Apr 2005 , 11:37pm
post #5 of 5

Yes, the candles are candy melts. It was inspired by one of the cakes from the Whimsical bakehouse books, but on a smaller scale.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%