A New Customer!!

Decorating By tanyascakes Updated 12 Apr 2005 , 6:44pm by tanyascakes

tanyascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyascakes Posted 12 Apr 2005 , 6:23pm
post #1 of 4

Hi, everyone!! One of my neighbors just asked me to do a cake for her daughter's birthday on Sunday. I am so excited because that means more exposure of my decorating. The only thing is that it is a shaped Barbie pan, that I own but have never used. There is a face/body plate that goes with it and I am unsure of what to do. Do I frost the whole cake smooth, lay the plate and then decorate on top of it with the star layout? I am likely not making any sense. But I want to get this right so that I get maximum result for any more potential customers. Any help would be great!!
Tanya

3 replies
MindiBrad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MindiBrad Posted 12 Apr 2005 , 6:28pm
post #2 of 4

FWIW - I used to be a Pampered Chef consultant about 8 years ago, and one of our big displays used to be making a Barbie Cake with the Batter Bowl.

I don't know how much effort it takes to make the Barbie face with the stuff that came with the pan, but with Pampered chef, we just used to bake the cake, use a long "punch" to drill a hole in the cake and insert an actual (undressed from the waist down) Barbie in the hole. By doing it this way, you really only lose about a serving of cake....and you could always tier it on round cake or a sheet cake!

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 12 Apr 2005 , 6:42pm
post #3 of 4

Is it the enchanted Barbie pan? Here's the link to the instructions, at the very least you can use it as a guide if this is not the pan
http://www.wilton.com/cake/shapedpans/pdf/2105-8910EnchantedBarbie.pdf
Here is also the Celebration Barbie cake pan instructions...
http://www.wilton.com/cake/shapedpans/pdf%5C2105%2D8934CelebrationBarbie%2Epdf

tanyascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyascakes Posted 12 Apr 2005 , 6:44pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks for all of the advice. I really don't like to use the shaped pans anymore. I will give these suggestions to the mother and see what she thinks. Mouse, I am going to check out those sites right now.
Tanya

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%