Fast Help Needed! Dirt Bike Cake! Please!

Decorating By mistygaildunn Updated 21 Feb 2006 , 7:38pm by Helendelk

mistygaildunn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mistygaildunn Posted 18 Feb 2006 , 1:35pm
post #1 of 7

I have a cake to decorate for my nephew in about 30 min. I have allowed myself about 2 hrs to decorate. It is cooling now. I need ideas on how to do this. I've got two small dirk bikes my sister is wanting me to use on the cake, and I baked 3 cupcakes to use for hills, I'm not expecting to use all 3 of them. I'm doing a 1/2 sheet, 1/2 choc and white. I'm using buttercream icing on it, unless I needed fondant accents, I've got some MMF mixed up. I'm wanting to do a dirt bike trail scene on the top of the cake, ideas are helpful. Thanks in advance.

6 replies
mistygaildunn Posted 18 Feb 2006 , 1:59pm
post #2 of 7

Helllloooo, is there anybody out there? Lost and out of ideas, all I know is I have two dirt bikes, and want to do dirt and hills. Any other ideas? My nephew is only 6 but such a critic. I must be sure that he loves it because he wanted a police/ambulance cake, but his parents secretly bought him a dirk bike for his birthday, so it fits the occasion, although he doesn't know it yet. I'm ready to start decorating, fast ideas appreciated!

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 18 Feb 2006 , 10:46pm
post #3 of 7

I do not know if it is too late. But a picture lits of dirt...maybe graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar or crushed oreos. I see also some ice cream cone trees as well. I like your ideas of using the cupcakes for hills. good luck...I know he will like it! icon_biggrin.gif

sweetsuccess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsuccess Posted 19 Feb 2006 , 3:46pm
post #4 of 7

I found this cake on www.bakerysugarcraft.com. They sell a dirt bike kit. This may give you some ideas on how to contruct your cake. Happy Decorating!! thumbs_up.gif
LL

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 19 Feb 2006 , 3:51pm
post #5 of 7

I found this cake off of Cinda's Creative cakes.
LL

mistygaildunn Posted 21 Feb 2006 , 7:34pm
post #6 of 7

Oh, that's awesome, I wish i had saw these before I decorated mine. Thanks for the ideas, I didn't take a pic of the cake, it wasn't my favorite, so I have to wait for my sister to get me one so that I can post it.

Helendelk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Helendelk Posted 21 Feb 2006 , 7:38pm
post #7 of 7

This one is nice.... I like the textured wheels
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%