Who's From California?

Lounge By DiscoLady Updated 14 Oct 2009 , 6:09am by Brandy982006

Ruby2uesday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruby2uesday Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 3:42am
post #61 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsfish94

I'm in Modesto.

Mrsfish, i'm originally from Manteca!! graduated from Manteca High in 95! icon_smile.gif in Louisiana now, but my dad and sister are still there so i come home from time to time! icon_smile.gif

Ruby2uesday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruby2uesday Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 3:47am
post #62 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgigglin

Hello from Mannnnnnnteca!!! I live in Manteca and work in Elk Grove icon_smile.gif

Kim

Hey Kim! i'm a Mantecan too!! dno't live there now, but i still visit! to cool! icon_smile.gif

mandyscraftycreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandyscraftycreations Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 1:40am
post #63 of 105

Hey fellow Californians,
I'm from So Cal, currently living in Hacienda Heights but buying a house in Rancho Cucamonga, so will be moving very soon. Just got back from Cake Camp in Vegas. My first time and I had so much fun can't wait till next years.
Take Care,
Amanda

janelovesher3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelovesher3 Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 3:06pm
post #64 of 105

I'm in Northern California -- Citrus Heights (outside of Sacramento). Anyone else?

feliciangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
feliciangel Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 1:16am
post #65 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine33

I am in so cal too. About 1 1/2 hours from L.A. Does anyone know anything about the garment district? I know they have lots of whole sale stores there. But does anyone if they have cake supply whole sale stores out there?

I'm In Los Angeles.

I go through phases of being down there every weekend and the only real cake supply I've seen is Moskotel's (they have a lot of Wilton stuffand they are affiliated with Micheal's) in the flower district I've seen a lot of craft stores but not cake supplies.

The place I'm dying to get to is Parrish's cake supply in Gardena.
there are some small places in East LA. I have a list of suppliers PM for the list (a lot that I've never been too).

trishthedish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trishthedish Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 3:05pm
post #66 of 105

janelovesher3 i am in chico 90 miles north

calivettie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
calivettie Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 8:53am
post #67 of 105

Hey all!
I am a true valley girl- from the sf valley that is. So glad to hear about other socal bakers out there.

For anyone in the los angeles area surfas is a great place. They have tons of cake supplies and at better prices than michaels or joanns!

amastercreation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amastercreation Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 9:20pm
post #68 of 105

I'm in Chino Hills, anyone else?

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 9:49pm
post #69 of 105

So Cal girl here! I live in Torrance, Ca. Born and raised in San Pedro, Ca. I lived in San Diego for 3 years (I miss it sooooooo much).

cakelady3957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady3957 Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 3:21pm
post #70 of 105

Hey I am from central ca. and I highly recommend cake camp.I have become a "addict" to this event. Yes it can be expensive, but it's like a vacation you just start a cake camp fund buy putting $10away here and there. I am driving over and if anyone needs to car pool. I have a van with plenty of room for "supplies". Can set up a meeting place. Sometimes it is hard to fly and transport things there and to bring your finished items home. I have been attending cake camp since the late '90s when it was held in Riverside. Each year it grows and gets better and better. The instructors are the best in their field and are ready to share their craft with anyone at any level of ability. At ICES you will see more demos but at cake camp it is more hands on. ICES will be held in San Diego next year so it will be close for us Californians.
Hope to see some of you at camp.

luvsfreebies72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvsfreebies72 Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 3:56am
post #71 of 105

I live in East L.A County in the Walnut Valley area. I'm almost 100% positive I'm going to cake camp. I should probably register, huh? lol. Can anyone tell me about the monthly ca cake club meetings? What are they like?

cakelady3957 Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 3:44pm
post #72 of 105

The meetings are held about 4 X a year. They are held in San Diego,
Orange, Glendora, sometimes up north in the bay area, and there is always a meeting at cake camp. There is demos (short) and alot of networking with other professionals/and other cake decorators. There are raffles, and there is drawing for scholorships(?) whch can be used at cake camp or any other class of your choice. The meetings usually start on Sat around noon and concludes on Sunday afternoon. Many times is is held inconjuntion with San Diego and ICES meeting at the same time.
These are not your everyday BORING meetings alot of fun and making new friends. COME, JOIN AND HAVE FUN.
See ya there

paulstonia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paulstonia Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 2:02am
post #73 of 105

I'm in northern ca., bay area, and am hoping to go to cake camp too. Joined CCC so I would be able to go. I hear there are not doing it again until 2011. Calelady, I was born and raised in Bakersfield, my parents are still there. When CCC has there meeting up this way I was planning to attend, but I don't think that's til next year. Hope to see some of you in vegas!

Faerieluna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Faerieluna Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 3:49am
post #74 of 105

Hey everyone!
I live in Diamond Bar. It's about 45 minutes NE of LA.

mommachris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommachris Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 4:59am
post #75 of 105

Just on the outskirts of Hanford, Ca.
I'm Laroux's mom. icon_cool.gif

Central valley, what can I say...it is either hot or foggy. icon_rolleyes.gif

mommachris

JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 7:59am
post #76 of 105

Another Bakersfield-inian here. Hhahahah

I was born and raised in Ventura/Oxnard and have lived on the East Coast for a while but I'm back in Bakersfield for now.

cakelady3957 Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 5:10pm
post #77 of 105

Hey JaimeAnn
I am in bakersfield, and I am looking for riding partners to cake camp and also looking for someone to share a room to. Are you going to cake camp in Las Vegas?

cookieswithdots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookieswithdots Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 6:27pm
post #78 of 105

I'm in Antioch, about 45 min. east of San Francisco but raised in West Covina, (S. CA).

Melissa

cookieswithdots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookieswithdots Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 6:28pm
post #79 of 105

I'm in Antioch, about 45 min. east of San Francisco but raised in West Covina, (S. CA).

Melissa

Idreamofcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Idreamofcakes Posted 2 May 2009 , 8:03am
post #80 of 105

Waving hello from the High Desert of So Cal....Hesperia!!!
Raised In Moreno Valley, but couldn't keep myself planted there as a teen....that beach just kept pulling me down there. Now i'm in the desert and loving it. I'm only about 3 hrs fron Vegas icon_lol.gif

Theres a great shop in ontario called sweet mercantile (I think) I know it has more to the title but thats what everyone calls it for short.

Idreamofcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Idreamofcakes Posted 3 May 2009 , 4:59pm
post #81 of 105

did I scare you all away?

CShields Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CShields Posted 5 May 2009 , 2:22am
post #82 of 105

My husband and I live in South San Francisco. I just registered us yesterday for the 2009 Las Vegas Cake Camp in September. Will many of you be attending?

KathyB101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathyB101 Posted 9 May 2009 , 4:11am
post #83 of 105

Hello Everybody,

I live in Bishop, CA. just 40 miles from Mamoth.I have lived here for almost ten years, I grew up in Southern CA. (San Fernando Valley). I have a love/hate relationship in Bishop,CA. It is a beautiful place to live, a very small town. What I hate is there are alot of things you don't have access to. We have only two stores in town a grocery store, and a small town market. When I lived down South your choices are endless where to Eat out, Shop, Etc..

When you shop here it's more of a Search, I could not find any pudding box mix in my Stores. You can request the store to Order it..this can take weeks if it happens at all. Alot of people shop either in Reno, Nv. or down So. to Los Angeles, or online. I love this website, everyone is so talented..I wish I could be as exceptional, and so beautiful....Thanks. Kathyb

mommachris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommachris Posted 9 May 2009 , 5:53am
post #84 of 105

Hey Kathy!
I spent some time in Tom's Place when I was young. My dad ran the gas station, my Aunt ran the hotel and my grandparents had the cafe.Dad used to drive the snowplows on the road to make extra cash every winter. Beautiful place to grow up.
We fished in the lake all the time. I remember my mom had to drive to Bishop to give birth to my brother. It was her fourth child so that 30 minute drive was scary for her. Yep, pretty rough being so far away from the city.

mommachris
who is stuck in the heat and fog and smelling cows way too much here in the valley icon_wink.gif

bakermommy4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakermommy4 Posted 9 May 2009 , 10:22am
post #85 of 105

Originally from California...Long Beach, and now I'm in sin city. I've been here for 3 years now...boy do I miss the breeze coming off the beach.

blm4mee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blm4mee Posted 10 May 2009 , 11:32pm
post #86 of 105

Hi Discolady,
I'm from Rialto. Not too far from you... princess.gif

ZlatkaT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ZlatkaT Posted 13 May 2009 , 1:52pm
post #87 of 105

Hello from Ventura, CA

DakotaDesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DakotaDesigns Posted 13 May 2009 , 5:15pm
post #88 of 105

Hi gals! I'm from Magalia however I commute to Chico daily! I would love to go to the cake camp with any one of ya! Hopefully when the time come the opportunity will present itself! I'm very new to CC, matter of fact I joined last night! Wow there's so much here to be learned!!

deanna_cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deanna_cake Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 7:57am
post #89 of 105

I live in Napa, don't know anywhere around here to buy stuff, and don't know anyone around here with the same hobbies...I transplanted from Colusa, CA (doubt anyone here knows where that is)...I wish I could go to Cake Camp, but so don't have the funds or the time off from work to go...bummer for me...if anyone on here is from the area, pm me, would love to get together to hang out and talk cake & decorating...

adree313 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adree313 Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 3:41am
post #90 of 105

oh my goodness you all are making me miss california!! i was born and raised on the central coast (pismo beach to be mostly exact). then i moved down to fullerton (so cal. 10 minutes from the happiest place on earth.... disneyland!) went to cal state fullerton for a year. then went to culirnary school for a short while. but... now i'm here in idaho. and to put it lightly: i hate it. and i miss the CITY!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%