Found A Book Of Decorator's Interest

Decorating By AgentCakeBaker Updated 5 Apr 2005 , 2:26am by PureShugga

AgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AgentCakeBaker Posted 3 Apr 2005 , 6:44pm
post #1 of 7

I found a book on alibris.com. The book is called "Starting a cake decorating business from home". I haven't received it yet but if anyone is interested they have a few left.

There is also a book called "How to make money in cake decorating". This book was priced at $59 before shipping. This book is priced high b/c it is out of print.

I hope this helps those who want to start their own business from home.

6 replies
AgentCakeBaker Posted 4 Apr 2005 , 1:44am
post #2 of 7

Forgot to mentioned that earlenescakes.com has articles on the business of cakes. I think there are about 10 article total.

If you don't want to buy books relating to the cake decorating business then you could go to earlene's site and print the articles.

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 4 Apr 2005 , 2:07am
post #3 of 7

That's so nice of you to post this! I've read Earlene's articles. I remember being so encouraged by them. There is one that talks about just starting out and how long it may take you to decorate just one cake. She said something like although you may not be making any money compared to the time you put into it, you were gaining valuable experience. I thought to myself, if Earlene took forever decorating her first cakes then I must be doing okay too.

http://www.earlenescakes.com/business.htm

AgentCakeBaker Posted 4 Apr 2005 , 2:15am
post #4 of 7

Thanks Lisa!

I'm always getting help for others in this forum and I thought that I would share the information that I found for those who haven't already found it.

I want to give back too. thumbs_up.gif

PureShugga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PureShugga Posted 4 Apr 2005 , 5:12am
post #5 of 7

Great information - thanks for sharing!

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 4 Apr 2005 , 10:00am
post #6 of 7

I want any and all books on decorating cakes, but have to wait.... my first accomplishment will be to get a subscription to American Cake Decorating magazine once back in the states!

PureShugga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PureShugga Posted 5 Apr 2005 , 2:26am
post #7 of 7

Ooohhh good idea - I've never even though about cake decorating having magazines!!!!!!!!!!! Ok ............. great!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%