Help! Anyone Know How T Get Bright Blue Color Out Of Carpet?

Decorating By luvscakes Updated 28 Feb 2007 , 11:29pm by pokeyanne

luvscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvscakes Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 10:26pm
post #1 of 9

Hi!
I dumped blue (powdered) food coloring all over my new very light tan carpet icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif
I tried to use resolve right away and all that did was smear it around. Anyone else have any ideas??
I hope, I hope, I hope??? icon_redface.gif

8 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 10:30pm
post #2 of 9

Oxy-Clean. I swear by it!

moydear77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moydear77 Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 10:33pm
post #3 of 9

Toothpaste or hair spray.

navaretteb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
navaretteb Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 10:33pm
post #4 of 9

I am so sorry about your accident! I have icon_surprised.gif permanent icon_surprised.gif teal frosting stain on my wool rug in the LR after my son's birthday party last year! I had the steam cleaners come and try and clean it, but they couldn't get it out! It is only small sections, but still noticeable to me! I may have waited too long to call them, so maybe you can call and ask if it is too late! Did you try and vacuum it up first? Hope someone else has some better advice! icon_redface.gif

gottacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gottacake Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 10:39pm
post #5 of 9

I use a product called "Capture" and have successfully used it to remove grape soda, blood, dog "deposits", crayon, blue popsicle, and an entire can of cola out of my tan carpet.

www.captureclean.com

Good luck!

mlrojas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mlrojas Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 10:42pm
post #6 of 9

I use Folex. It's a white plastic spray bottle with purple lettering. I get it at Wal Mart, a janitor once recommended it. I got blue buttercream frosting on my beige carpet and the stain disappeared as I was spraying it on. Good luck!

weberm05 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weberm05 Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 11:03pm
post #7 of 9

A couple months ago..I dropped a toothpick with red coloring on it right on my tan carpet.

I couldn't get it out......I scrubbed it immediately. it didn't do any good. I figured I ruined our kitchen carpet.

Don't ask...but the stain isn't there anymore. It like disappeared. I don't know what happened. But I'm not complaining icon_smile.gif

baker4life Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baker4life Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 11:23pm
post #8 of 9

If you have a Home Depot by you, there is a brand called ZEP Commercial & they make a cleaner called spot carpet cleaner. Took out a red jello stain on my white carpet, and a couple doggie stains.
Only stain remover I use!!

pokeyanne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pokeyanne Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 11:29pm
post #9 of 9

I totally agree with mlrojas. Try Folex. I swear by that stuff. It's like disappearing ink when you spray that stuff on. They sell it at home depot but its MUCH cheapper at wal mart. I use that stuff on grease stains on clothes and red kool aid on light beige carpet and it completly took out the stains.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%