Sugarcraft - Have You Ordered From Them?

Decorating By surfergina Updated 28 Apr 2007 , 1:49pm by gismo12002

surfergina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
surfergina Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 7:04pm
post #1 of 15

Hi, just wondering if you have experienced ordering some items from Sugarcraft.com online before? How's their customer service and timely shipment? I'm shopping for some new items and wanted to make sure that I get the good products from the good reputation companies.

14 replies
justsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justsweet Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 7:09pm
post #2 of 15

Well you are going to get lots of complaints and good comments about them.

for me I order 3- 6 times a year, never had a problem. Shipping was fast for me. Dolores has allways been great to me so no problems with my orders.

fat-sissy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fat-sissy Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 7:11pm
post #3 of 15

I've ordered fromthem a couple times w/o any problems, but there have been previous posts from others who've had bad experiences.

I'm in OH, so I've always received my order very quickly.

christeena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christeena Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 7:12pm
post #4 of 15

There are plenty of threads on this topic and it seems to me that the overwhelming complaint with them is rude cutomer service and OUTRAGEOUS shipping charges. Personally, after ordering once from them and paying twice as much in shipping as I did in products, I avoid them like the plague!!

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 7:14pm
post #5 of 15

Huge selection, cool website.....horrible customer service and high shipping.

I'd order from them if they had something I couldn't find somewhere else...but otherwise I shop other vendors.

selahmycat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
selahmycat Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 7:16pm
post #6 of 15

I use to order from them all of the time. I found their Customer Service to be good, but the shipping costs were high. I have now switched over to Country Kitchens, and they are fantastic! They even called me to tell me an item I had order had been discontinued!

tbittner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tbittner Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 7:19pm
post #7 of 15

Like many others I have ordered from them but only if I have to. I prefer Country Kitchens, much better, the shipping is quick, selection is great and very reasonable in prices.
I must say I had no problems with Sugarcraft except shipping, I live in Ohio ans shipping is horrible!
http://www.countrykitchensa.com/shops/cake_decorating.aspx

Tracy

carlysun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carlysun Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 7:19pm
post #8 of 15

I have ordered from them multiple times and have not had any problems other than the unbelievable amounts they charge for shipping. I try to find things from other companies if possible and only order form the at last resort. They do have just about everything you can possibly need though.

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 7:20pm
post #9 of 15

I have ordered from them several times w/o problem of any kind and will order from them again. The shipping is ridicously high but that is my only complaint. I have been ordering from a few different places lately with a much more livable $$$$ outcome than sugarcraft offers.

mlynnb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mlynnb Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 7:26pm
post #10 of 15

I've never ordered from them because of the high shipping costs. I usually order stuff from Country Kitchens. Their customer service is excellent and the shipping reasonable.

jo_ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo_ann Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 7:57pm
post #11 of 15

I order from them at least once a month. I get fast, reliable service every time. I will pay the higher shipping costs for that alone.

I just ordered from them Friday afternoon and it just arrived. Not bad. I replenished my airbrush colors, my candy colors and some luster dusts and a mystical dust which I've never tried. icon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif

bittern Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bittern Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 8:52pm
post #12 of 15

I have never ordered from Sugarcraft but I just placed an order with Scott Clark Woolley, www.cakesbydesign, for approx. $100 for tools, etc., and shipping was only $6.00 from New York to California.

surfergina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
surfergina Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 9:57pm
post #13 of 15

Thanks, everyone! That's what I thought - high shipping cost. I found other vendors with low shipping cost, so I'm going to stick with them.

judybee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
judybee Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 2:35am
post #14 of 15

They are the rudest people I've ever seen. Here are just a couple instances, the Better Business Bureau in OH has over 30 unanswered complaints on them as well.

http://ripoffreport.com/results.asp?q1=ALL&q5=&q4=sugarcraft&q6=&q3=&q2=&q7=&searchtype=0&submit2=Search%21

gismo12002 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gismo12002 Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 1:49pm
post #15 of 15

I just recieved 3 items from them yesterday! High S/H but order recieved in 3 days of ordering! No problem from them. Ordered luster dust and such, from them due to no one having the product i needed.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%