Splenda Cake Sugar?

Decorating By flayvurdfun Updated 2 Apr 2005 , 5:17am by nashsmom

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 1 Apr 2005 , 11:18am
post #1 of 5

I about dropped to the floor of our commissary today...they actually had something new and I was really surprised icon_surprised.gificon_confused.gificon_eek.gif It said it was for baking, 1/2 the calorie but not 1/2 the taste it said...it showed a cake on the bag....does anyone use it?

4 replies
m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 1 Apr 2005 , 1:24pm
post #2 of 5

I've read elsewhere that it's not too bad.
Here's a link to splenda's site for their recipe index: http://www.splenda.com/page.jhtml;jsessionid=LDPIVTDDF1B2OCQPCCFSUYYKB2IIQNSC?id=splenda/recipes/library.inc

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 1 Apr 2005 , 2:20pm
post #3 of 5

See when I look at products with less sugar and such, and I get it use it, I am very disappointed with the taste..I am one of those people who can tell you which thing is sugar free, and such. I know alot of people who say they cant tell between coke and pepsi and all that....

GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 2 Apr 2005 , 12:04am
post #4 of 5

I use regular splenda quite a lot, not the baking kind that is 1/2 sugar. I love it! My diabetic customer's love it. My non-diabetic customers love it. It's just great stuff!!

It's expensive though. My cakes/cheesecakes with splenda are very pricey (almost double in price).

nashsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nashsmom Posted 2 Apr 2005 , 5:17am
post #5 of 5

I use regular splenda also. There is a taste difference when compared to sugar, but it doesn't have that strong aftertaste that most artificial sweeteners have. The cake & icing I made with it were good with no funny taste.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%