Is This Rude?

Lounge By momlovestocook Updated 5 Jan 2006 , 2:44am by PeachesMcGee

momlovestocook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momlovestocook Posted 30 Dec 2005 , 2:32pm
post #1 of 27

I have two brothers. I was at one brother's house on christmas day(he is married). My other brother has a fiancee(in her 50's). The women were in the kitchen cleaning up after supper. The fiancee asks my dad's girlfriend if they want to come to supper new years day. She says yes. The fiancee then turns to my SIL and asks her for supper too. She never extended the invitation to me.
I just think that is incredibly rude. Am I wrong?

Sandra

26 replies
cindy6250 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy6250 Posted 30 Dec 2005 , 2:39pm
post #2 of 27

Yes, it is very rude. If she wasn't going to invite you, she should have asked the others out of your presence....What is this world coming to??? It amazes me at how insensitive people can be....

toddsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toddsgirl Posted 30 Dec 2005 , 3:11pm
post #3 of 27

Yes, that is unbelievably rude!!

gilson6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gilson6 Posted 30 Dec 2005 , 3:19pm
post #4 of 27

I have to agree -- that is terribly rude! Did you happen to mention that you had plans for New Years Day in front of her or anything? Maybe she thought that you already were doing something. I know that doesn't excuse her rudeness and please don't think that I'm on her side. I don't have any suggestions on how to handle this situation.

We are involved in a Sunday School class at our church and we go through this almost every Sunday. There is one group that continually talk about what fun they had last night at so and so's house & etc. The problem is that our teacher is in this group. I feel that talking about their fellowships should be done outside of the class so that those of us not invited don't feel left out.

irisinbloom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
irisinbloom Posted 30 Dec 2005 , 8:40pm
post #5 of 27

Yep, Rudeicon_smile.gif

LNW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LNW Posted 30 Dec 2005 , 10:26pm
post #6 of 27

Wow that was mean. Did you say anything to her? I probably would have asked jokingly when she was planning on asking me to come over.

momlovestocook Posted 30 Dec 2005 , 10:46pm
post #7 of 27

I saw my brother today(where he works) and he didn't mention anything about new years day. I wasn't really thinking about it until he said have a good new years. Then I said to myself I guess it wasn't an oversight and I really am not invited. I can handle not being invited-just thought it was rude to invite everyone else in the room but ME! I was talking to my dad's girlfriend today and she was surprised by what the fiancee did as well.
Oh, I never said I had any plans for new years because we don't have any(and still don't LOL).

Sandra
ps when I told my Dad today he couldn't believe that she did that

mudpie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mudpie Posted 30 Dec 2005 , 11:22pm
post #8 of 27

Dear momlovestocook:

icon_lol.gif May I add you to the "I Hate My (future) SIL" club that seems to be forming here?! icon_lol.gif

You are better off at home, safe and sound. icon_wink.gif

By the way, are you the only one with kids? Maybe she didn't think the get together would be suitable to them. Just a thought. I'm not excusing her either.

icon_rolleyes.gif

cakelady52 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady52 Posted 31 Dec 2005 , 12:14am
post #9 of 27

Very, Very RUDE !! Needs to learn some manners

saas74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saas74 Posted 31 Dec 2005 , 12:38am
post #10 of 27

the skank is rude!!!

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 31 Dec 2005 , 4:57pm
post #11 of 27

Very, very rude. Sending you a hug for being subjected to this.

Some people can be so insensitive...no home training icon_wink.gif

This calls for a DALE answer to this question...he could tell you exactly how to handle the situation thumbs_up.gif

denise2434 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denise2434 Posted 31 Dec 2005 , 6:17pm
post #12 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanie214

This calls for a DALE answer to this question...he could tell you exactly how to handle the situation thumbs_up.gif

You read my mind Stephanie...I was thinking the same thing!! Where is Dale?!?! He's been MIA for awhile!! I really need him to tell what to do to MIL and FIL too!! icon_lol.gif He always knows just what to say!! icon_cool.gif

That was very rude of her Sandra. I wonder if she is any kin to my in-laws!! icon_confused.gificon_lol.gif

Big hugs to you Sandra!! ~Denise

stephanie214 Posted 31 Dec 2005 , 7:28pm
post #13 of 27

Denise,

I miss Dale's humor so much when he is not around to keep us amused icon_lol.gif

He certainly could help you with the in-law problem.

The whole time I was married to my ex, I never had a problem with my MIL. After the no good ex and I had been divorced for about 13 years, out of the blue, she calls and starts cussing me out...of course the fight was on icon_lol.gif

Then, about two years ago, I was at the emergency room with my mother (she'd had a heart attack) and my ex MIL happened to be there also and wanted to apologize; stating that "she was sorry and that she had found the Lord". I told her a few choice things and ended in a sarcastic tone, "how could you find the Lord when He was never missing"...last I've heard from her icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Dale, oh Dale, where are you?, please come back to us icon_cry.gif

momlovestocook Posted 31 Dec 2005 , 7:43pm
post #14 of 27

Thanks Everyone

I posted because sometimes my feelings get hurt easily and wasn't sure if I was just being over sensitive.
Glad it isn't just me who finds this rude.

Sandra
ps my brother has a daughter around my girls age but not sure if she'll be with him since he only sees her once a week

stephanie214 Posted 31 Dec 2005 , 8:07pm
post #15 of 27

momlovestocook,

She could have said something like this, "You and your husband are invited to come also, it is an adult gathering only, no children".

You are not being over sensitive, I would have felt the same way. Only thing is, I would have asked why I wasn't invited...my mother tells me all the time that I am to outspoken icon_lol.gif

denise2434 Posted 31 Dec 2005 , 9:53pm
post #16 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanie214

Denise,

I miss Dale's humor so much when he is not around to keep us amused icon_lol.gif

He certainly could help you with the in-law problem.

The whole time I was married to my ex, I never had a problem with my MIL. After the no good ex and I had been divorced for about 13 years, out of the blue, she calls and starts cussing me out...of course the fight was on icon_lol.gif

Then, about two years ago, I was at the emergency room with my mother (she'd had a heart attack) and my ex MIL happened to be there also and wanted to apologize; stating that "she was sorry and that she had found the Lord". I told her a few choice things and ended in a sarcastic tone, "how could you find the Lord when He was never missing"...last I've heard from her icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Dale, oh Dale, where are you?, please come back to us icon_cry.gif

Oh my gosh Stephanie...you are so sweet....I couldn't imagine anyone wanting to cuss you out. I'm glad that you put her in here place!! It's a good thing to hold your own with people! thumbs_up.gif

Hugs, ~Denise

dlp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dlp Posted 31 Dec 2005 , 11:49pm
post #17 of 27

yes...she was very rude.....its not you being sensitive.......hope you have a nice new year anyway...to me it seems like people have really gotten to where they are so self absorbed they don't realize or don't care if they hurt others........the problem with me is i don't forget when someone does that to me!!!! icon_surprised.gif lol
Donna

stephanie214 Posted 1 Jan 2006 , 5:50pm
post #18 of 27

Hey Denise,

That was very sweet of you to say...I am very nice until someone interfer with me. I have no problem defending for myself icon_lol.gif

I think that you are a sweet, down-to-earth, fun person that I would love to meet one day.

Hope you are having a great New Year party.gif

llee815 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llee815 Posted 1 Jan 2006 , 6:03pm
post #19 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by saas74

the skank is rude!!!

icon_biggrin.gif Yes, extremely rude! Echoing everyone's sentiments here...where are people's manners nowadays?

RaRaRobyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RaRaRobyn Posted 2 Jan 2006 , 6:52am
post #20 of 27

Definitely rude..mostly inconsiderate.

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 3 Jan 2006 , 2:40pm
post #21 of 27

I could see Dale saying something like have a party at your house and serve her some punch and put some poison in it...or something crazy like that..I'm sure he will come up with something much better.

stephanie214 Posted 3 Jan 2006 , 3:41pm
post #22 of 27

Hi mOuse,

That sounds like something Dale would say icon_lol.gif

Dale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dale Posted 4 Jan 2006 , 2:54am
post #23 of 27

Ahhhh...the "Dear Dale" moments.

Take a walk with her to discuss and ponder the meaning of life.
Enjoy the view from on high.
Then find a nice cliff and shove the b&*ch off.

Ohhh...dont forget to smack him for ever thinking of dating such a dweeb.
Dale

denise2434 Posted 4 Jan 2006 , 1:54pm
post #24 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale

Dale

Okay Dale...Now for me... icon_lol.gif Here are my two problems!!
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-13290.html

Love to hear how you would handle this!! I could use a good laugh about it!! Hugs, ~Denise

momlovestocook Posted 4 Jan 2006 , 1:59pm
post #25 of 27

Thanks Dale
Unfortunately, we live in a flat area and I don't want to be stuck in a car with her to take her somewhere to push her off a cliff icon_biggrin.gif
Oh and my brother kinda deserves her after leaving his nice wife for another woman(not this one LOL).

Sandra

stephanie214 Posted 5 Jan 2006 , 1:50am
post #26 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale

Dale

I knew he would come through for us...can't stop laughing, the tears are flowing icon_cry.gif

PeachesMcGee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PeachesMcGee Posted 5 Jan 2006 , 2:44am
post #27 of 27

You are much better off not going. Dont waste your time or energy on the things she does, it sounds like your brother and her do deserve eachother and you are better off staying away unless you have to join in....simplify your life and enjoy the things that are worthwhile you will be much happier then wasting your time with crap!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%