How Many Servings In The Race Car Pan?

Decorating By sb4216 Updated 14 Dec 2005 , 7:30pm by MrsMissey

sb4216 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sb4216 Posted 13 Dec 2005 , 7:58pm
post #1 of 6

I am new to cake decorating so I don't know how many servings different pans serve. I have been asked by a family member to make a cake in the race car pan http://www.cakecentral.com/wilton-pan-instructions-111-Race-Car-Pan-2105-1350.html and I am wondering how many servings I will be able to get out of this pan. The party will have approx 17 people and I am just trying to figure out if this will be enough or if I should make some cupcakes, etc. to accompany this cake.

Thanks
Sherri

5 replies
JamieL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JamieL Posted 13 Dec 2005 , 10:37pm
post #2 of 6

The Wilton chart for this pan says it feeds 12, but I figure more about 10 to be safe when I use this pan. Maybe you could top the extra cupcakes with checkered flags, or top with part of an Oreo and a Life Saver attached with icing for sporty wheels? It's a bummer to have to make an extra batch of cake . . . but oh, well! Guess you'll have to eat the extra! icon_biggrin.gif

sb4216 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sb4216 Posted 14 Dec 2005 , 1:46pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks, that is what I thought. I figured I would have to make something extra to go with it. Where did you find the chart. I tried looking for something that would say and I couldn't find anything.

JamieL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JamieL Posted 14 Dec 2005 , 2:21pm
post #4 of 6

I have a ton of Wilton yearbooks, so any of those designs with a particular pan will give the serving size at the very last part after the decorating instructions are described. I think Wilton also has a section with pan instructions on their website, and they should probably be listed there. hth

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%