Need Ideas For Graduation Cake

Decorating By mcdebbie Updated 14 Mar 2007 , 12:05am by mcdebbie

mcdebbie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdebbie Posted 22 Feb 2007 , 2:43am
post #1 of 9

I have a daughter graduating from High School this year, and have no idea what kind of graduation cake to make for her. She is into the Culinary Arts type things as she wants to be a chef. So I have no Idea what to make for her..Any suggestions will be welcomed on this one. Thanks usaribbon.gif

8 replies
rhondie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rhondie Posted 22 Feb 2007 , 5:06am
post #2 of 9

Oh...your gonna have so much fun here! I suggest going to the galleries and doing a "search" on the word graduation. Before your eyes you will see a plethora of graduation pictures for your viewing pleasure! ~ Rhondie

have_your_cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
have_your_cake Posted 25 Feb 2007 , 12:30am
post #3 of 9

how about a chef's hat?

Lia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lia Posted 26 Feb 2007 , 12:55am
post #4 of 9

Hi! I am actually a high school senior this year, and I had been thinking what I might want to do for my cake too. I'm going to be going to Johnson & Wales next year for Baking and Pastry Arts so I was trying to incorporate that somehow.

Maybe you could do some sort of decorated tier cake in either her favorite colors or her school colors. Then put different things like a small diploma or a small fondant figure of her in her cap and gown.

Possibly do a bottom tier in her high school colors and decorated with things she did in high school and a diploma with some thing like a little thing of her in graduation attire. It would be like, high school is the foundation of what shes about to do.
Then you could do a 2nd tier of things that shell go on to do with culinary and maybe like a little figure of her in a chefs uniform or something.

Hope any of that might help!!

-Lia xo

kris10rae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kris10rae Posted 26 Feb 2007 , 12:59am
post #5 of 9

Ooo I love Lia's suggestions!

brcorlew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brcorlew Posted 26 Feb 2007 , 1:04am
post #6 of 9

I'm in the same boat kinda. My brother is graduating from high school this year and left it up to me to come up with an idea. I wanted to something that was elegant but also that showcased his life. I decided on the cake from the 2007 Wilton Yearbook. It's called Ivy League Dreams on page 80. I think the idea of putting all of the pictures from every grade in school is really cool. Since that won't be enough to feed all of the guests, I'm doing some smaller cakes for the sides (6") decorated in the things that he is involved in...archery, skiing, golf, etc. Hope this helps! I'm sure whatever you do she will love it thumbs_up.gif

mcdebbie Posted 26 Feb 2007 , 7:13pm
post #7 of 9

Great suggestion Lia,, Thanks a bunch and good luck in your endeavours in the culinary field.....
Thanks to everyone so far for your suggestions.
Debbie

mcdebbie Posted 14 Mar 2007 , 12:05am
post #8 of 9

Lia,
My daughter really loved your suggestion about the cake and that's what she has decided she wants for her graduation open house. Thanks for the idea......
Debbie

mcdebbie Posted 14 Mar 2007 , 12:05am
post #9 of 9

Lia,
My daughter really loved your suggestion about the cake and that's what she has decided she wants for her graduation open house. Thanks for the idea......
Debbie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%