Triangle Nc Ccers...anybody Need Some Part Time Work ?

Decorating By snarkybaker Updated 21 Feb 2007 , 3:20pm by leily

snarkybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snarkybaker Posted 19 Feb 2007 , 7:33pm
post #1 of 12

Hi All,

I am the pastry chef in Chapel Hill and busy season ( weddings graduation etc..) is upon us. I need to find a decorator who is available on a free lance basis.
Details are:

Must work with Meringue and Swiss buttercreams, royal icing and fondant. No shortening based decorators icing.

All supplies will be provided. You will only need a pastry kit. ( tips, couplers, fondant roller)

You can work in your home or in our commercial kitchen in Chapel Hill. ( The nice thing about the commercial kitchen is that someone else does all the dishes.)

Pay will be based on difficulty of the project and the experience level of the decorator.

PM me if you are interested.

Thanks,

katrina
icon_biggrin.gif

11 replies
jenncowin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenncowin Posted 19 Feb 2007 , 10:08pm
post #2 of 12

I'm in SW MO, so this wouldn't do me any good, but thought I would give you a bump.

LanaC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LanaC Posted 20 Feb 2007 , 2:41am
post #3 of 12

I'm a former NC'er - so no good there. There is a thread on here somewhere of folks looking to organize a cake club in the triangle area, so I'll bump this for them.

Good luck.

ccwkg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccwkg Posted 20 Feb 2007 , 2:45am
post #4 of 12

I'm a NC CCer but I'm in the triad... sorry it might be a bit of a drive for me. Good luck!!

kdbobo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kdbobo Posted 20 Feb 2007 , 4:40am
post #5 of 12

Boo, hiss! I'm in Chapel Hill...and would love the opportunity...but I am totally swamped right now. Perhaps next year...

snarkybaker Posted 20 Feb 2007 , 6:47pm
post #6 of 12

O come on guys...don't make me bump myself!!!

Help!! icon_cry.gif

Jenn2179 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn2179 Posted 20 Feb 2007 , 6:52pm
post #7 of 12

I am in Burlington, NC which is kinda far but maybe we could figure something out. I am just starting my business from my home. You can see my website if you want. www.buymecake.com

snarkybaker Posted 20 Feb 2007 , 10:19pm
post #8 of 12

Okay fine, I'll up the ante.

Besides getting paid, I'll turn over all of my wholesale supply catalogs and order you whatever you want at wholesale cost. That's about 1/3 to 1/2 what you pay at the grocery store.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 20 Feb 2007 , 10:37pm
post #9 of 12

while I personally can't help you at this time (over 2.5 hours away and working full time --- summer vacation??)

have you posted this to the NC branch of ICES??

http://www.angelfire.com/nc3/ncices/index.html

snarkybaker Posted 20 Feb 2007 , 10:55pm
post #10 of 12

Doug,

Thanks for the great idea. That website is kinda unfriendly to use, but I did send an e-mail asking for a way to post a notice/ ad.

swtperfection Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
swtperfection Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 2:42am
post #11 of 12

Sorry, couldnt figure out how to pm. I am close to you. Have my own cake business. Teach classes at Michaels. I can send you some pics of my work. You can email me at [email protected]

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 3:20pm
post #12 of 12

Do you pay travel expenses from the midwest? icon_lol.gif Wish I was closer, i am laid off right now and would love to find something like this. Here is another bump, good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%