Can I Use Mmf On This Cake?

Decorating By tanyascakes Updated 23 Mar 2005 , 6:35pm by Mchelle

tanyascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyascakes Posted 23 Mar 2005 , 4:37pm
post #1 of 7

Hi, all. I was just asked about making a cake for a friend's daughter. The one that the girl likes is in the 2003 Wilton YRbook on page 31(Go Crazy Quilt). As I am stuck in the boondocks of Germany with limited supplies, I was thinking of using MMF instead of the regular fondant for the color blocks and alphabet shapes. But I have never used the MMF and am wondering if the idea is even feasible? Help, now!! I need to know what you all think so that I can tell the mother in case we have to try another cake instead. Thanks a ton! And Happy Baking!!
Tanya

6 replies
linnburg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linnburg Posted 23 Mar 2005 , 5:02pm
post #2 of 7

I don't have the 2003 year book so I don't know what the cake looks like, but, if it calls for fondant I'm pretty sure you can substitute MM fondant. Practice with the MM ahead of time, though. My first attempt did not turn out too well. I just needed practice. Now, I love the stuff and almost everybody likes the taste. Give it a try, tells us what you think.

Sandi

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 23 Mar 2005 , 5:30pm
post #3 of 7

I am looking at this pic now. I would say most definately you could. The cake is fondant.
How do you post on this forum? I am about to scream ! icon_mad.gificon_lol.gif

tanyascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyascakes Posted 23 Mar 2005 , 5:59pm
post #4 of 7

What do you mean? Am I doing something wrong? And thanks for the advice!
Tanya

flayvurdfun Posted 23 Mar 2005 , 6:06pm
post #5 of 7

I'm sorry Tanya as I stated in the PM to you it was just my fustration speaking out. I have the pic saved on my computer so I can post it with my post so people could see what cake you were talking about but I cant do it...have no idea how. sorry.

flayvurdfun Posted 23 Mar 2005 , 6:20pm
post #6 of 7

Sorry, I cant upload to show everyone. I failed! icon_cry.gifthumbs_up.gif

Mchelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mchelle Posted 23 Mar 2005 , 6:35pm
post #7 of 7

No you didn't fail flayvurdfun! I think that you can also go to the IMG button when you post a reply and the picture will appear. Don't be so hard on yourself.

Maybe Cali4dawn can help. She has posted pictures alot.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%